Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators
nova add-floating-ip fails

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

mpedersen at choopa

nova add-floating-ip fails

I can do the following on the command line consistently, and get the same
results. I have no idea why this is failing, either.

1. get an instance running, log works, vnc works
2. nova floating-ip-create
3. nova add-floating-ip <UUID of instance> <ip address from step 2>

When I then look at "nova show <UUID of instance>", the ip address from
step 2 will not be shown. It will not appear in the GUI, either.

If I log into the node, and use "nova-manage floating list", it will show
the IP as having been assigned to that instance. If I manually assign an IP
from the web GUI, it will work (same credentials, by the way). But from the
command line it fails. I can't ping the address, can't ssh to it, and the
instance itself never sees it.

Host OS: Ubuntu 12.04
openstack-dashboard 2012.1-0ubuntu8.1
openstack-dashboard-ubuntu-t 2012.1-0ubuntu8.1
nova-api 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-cert 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-common 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-compute 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-compute-kvm 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-consoleauth 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-doc 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-network 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-objectstore 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-scheduler 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-vncproxy 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-volume 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
python-nova 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
python-novaclient 2012.1-0ubuntu1

nova.conf: (with sensitive IPs obscured)

--dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
--dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
--logdir=/var/log/nova
--state_path=/var/lib/nova
--lock_path=/var/lock/nova
--allow_admin_api=true
--use_deprecated_auth=false
--auth_strategy=keystone
--scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler
--s3_host=X.X.X.X
--ec2_host=X.X.X.X
--rabbit_host=X.X.X.X
--cc_host=X.X.X.X
--nova_url=http://X.X.X.X:8774/v1.1/
--routing_source_ip=X.X.X.X
--glance_api_servers=X.X.X.X:9292
--image_service=nova.image.glance.GlanceImageService
--iscsi_ip_prefix=192.168.68
--sql_connection=mysql://nova:password [at] localhos/nova
--ec2_url=http://X.X.X.X:8773/services/Cloud
--keystone_ec2_url=http://X.X.X.X:5000/v2.0/ec2tokens
--api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
--libvirt_type=kvm
--libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true
--start_guests_on_host_boot=true
--resume_guests_state_on_host_boot=true
--novnc_enable=true
--novncproxy_base_url=http://X.X.X.X:6080/vnc_auto.html (obscured)
--vncserver_proxyclient_address=127.0.0.1
--vncserver_listen=127.0.0.1

# Without Quantum :
--network_manager=nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
--network_host=X.X.X.X

# With Quantum :
#--network_manager=nova.network.quantum.manager.QuantumManager
#--linuxnet_interface_driver=nova.network.linux_net.LinuxOVSInterfaceDriver
#--quantum_use_dhcp=True

--public_interface=eth0
--flat_interface=eth1
--flat_network_bridge=br0