Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators
nova add-floating-ip fails

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

mpedersen at choopa

nova add-floating-ip fails

I can do the following on the command line consistently, and get the same
results. I have no idea why this is failing, either.

1. get an instance running, log works, vnc works
2. nova floating-ip-create
3. nova add-floating-ip <UUID of instance> <ip address from step 2>

When I then look at "nova show <UUID of instance>", the ip address from
step 2 will not be shown. It will not appear in the GUI, either.

If I log into the node, and use "nova-manage floating list", it will show
the IP as having been assigned to that instance. If I manually assign an IP
from the web GUI, it will work (same credentials, by the way). But from the
command line it fails. I can't ping the address, can't ssh to it, and the
instance itself never sees it.

Host OS: Ubuntu 12.04
openstack-dashboard 2012.1-0ubuntu8.1
openstack-dashboard-ubuntu-t 2012.1-0ubuntu8.1
nova-api 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-cert 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-common 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-compute 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-compute-kvm 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-consoleauth 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-doc 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-network 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-objectstore 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-scheduler 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-vncproxy 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
nova-volume 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
python-nova 2012.1-0ubuntu2.1
python-novaclient 2012.1-0ubuntu1

nova.conf: (with sensitive IPs obscured)

--sql_connection=mysql://nova:password [at] localhos/nova
--novncproxy_base_url=http://X.X.X.X:6080/vnc_auto.html (obscured)

# Without Quantum :

# With Quantum :

--floating_range=X.X.X.X/X (obscured)