Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators

Swift server as a storage

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

vivekraghuwanshi at gmail

Swift server as a storage

Hi All,
Can anyone let me know how i can configure a swift storage and use it as a
storage server or S3 like storage.

I want to implement 3 servers for storage and one node for
management(mysql,keystone, or dashboard for swift if available)
and extend the storage servers to x in feature.
--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi

vivekraghuwanshi at gmail

Re: Swift server as a storage [In reply to]

How i can increase the number of nodes in future and is there is any
dashboard available for Swift.
i am not want to run swift servers with openstack setup, so that we can
also use swift as a storage.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Frederik Van Hecke <frederik [at] cluttr>wrote:

> Hi Vivek,
>
> There's a great walkthrough online on installing Swift on Ubuntu.
>
> http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html
>

> The tutorial however only covers the build-in auth system of swift.
> So for setting up keystone and configuring swift to use keystone instead.
>
> http://keystone.openstack.org/configuringservices.html
>

> Kind regards,
> Frederik Van Hecke
>
> *T:* +32487733713
> *E:* frederik [at] cluttr
> *W:* www.cluttr.be
>

> *This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s)named above. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Thank you for your cooperation.*
>

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 16:30, Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <
> vivekraghuwanshi [at] gmail> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>> Can anyone let me know how i can configure a swift storage and use it as
>> a storage server or S3 like storage.
>>
>> I want to implement 3 servers for storage and one node for
>> management(mysql,keystone, or dashboard for swift if available)
>> and extend the storage servers to x in feature.
>> --
>> ViVek Raghuwanshi
>> Mobile -+91-09595950504
>>
>> Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi

ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi

vivekraghuwanshi at gmail

Re: Swift server as a storage [In reply to]

Thanks Frederik,

This is very helpful

--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi

vivekraghuwanshi at gmail

Re: Swift server as a storage [In reply to]

one more question how i can siign quota to users

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <

--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi

vivekraghuwanshi at gmail

Re: Swift server as a storage [In reply to]

ok
Thanks

--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded