Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators
Re: [Openstack] Mailing-list split

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

everett.toews at cybera

Re: [Openstack] Mailing-list split [In reply to]

Hi Stefano,

I was replying to Duncan's email, not Thierry's. I'm all for the new
openstack-dev list.

It was Duncan's proposal that the other lists be split as so.

1. openstack-dev = Dev
2. openstack = Ops
3. openstack-operators = DevOps

I am questioning the necessity to have both lists 2 and 3. My proposal
boils down to the question, does the DevOps community really need its own
list?

I'm willing to wait until the next Summit to see what the traffic numbers
are like on the openstack and openstack-operators lists before any
decisions are made around merging them or keeping them separate. However, I
still think it's worthwhile to ask the question above.

Regards,
Everett