Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators
Re: [Openstack] Mailing-list split

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

stefano at openstack

Re: [Openstack] Mailing-list split [In reply to]

hi Everett,

On Mon 30 Apr 2012 09:12:24 AM PDT, Everett Toews wrote:
> It's strange to me that we would take the existing mailing list
> openstack-operators and move the Ops people on it to the openstack
> list and repurpose the openstack-operators for DevOps people.

I'm lost here, I don't understand what you're proposing to do.

Let's summarize:

Thierry framed the problem:

> The traffic on the openstack [at] lists list doubled in the
> last 4 months [3], with more users and deployers asking for information
> on OpenStack projects.

And he made a proposa to split between:

> 1/ Usage, deployment, Essex / current-stable discussions
> 2/ Development, contribution, Folsom / forward-looking discussions
>
> A new list will be created for (2) and existing contributors will be
> asked to subscribe to that new list

He said nothing about point 1. I assumed that openstack-operators is
one of the place for discussions around usage, deployment and such
(another place for that is the forum).

It seems to me there there is consensus to keep openstack-operators and
forums running therefore I'll ask Todd to review the
openstack.org/community pages (and the top navigation bar) in order to
make these landing destinations more prominent.

Cheers,
stef