Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators

Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference)

 

 

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


duncan at dreamhost

Apr 16, 2012, 3:15 PM

Post #1 of 8 (480 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference)

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Stefano Maffulli
<stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:13 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
>> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are
>> registered.
>>
>> #osds-ballroom
>> #osds-seacliff-a-b
>> #osds-seacliff-c
>> #osds-seacliff-d
>> #osds-marina
>> #osds-bayview-a
>> #osds-bayview-b
>> #osds-golden-gate
>>
>> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>>   http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/
>>
> Awesome, thank you Duncan.
>
> We have also (thanks to Cisco) https://openstack.webex.com/ that we can
> use to stream audio from the rooms. Before we sing our happy song,
> though, we need to jump a few hoops:

Hey folks,

We don't seem to be giving the remote folks much love :-(

Quick fixes:
* does someone have a link to all the etherpads for the sessions?
Let's get that emailed out to everyone
* I'm going to start going around to each session and pasting info
into the channels for remote folks

Issues:
* seems that the webex stuff isn't working consistently
* sometimes audio isn't turned on
* microphones aren't being passed around
* there's no one appointed in the sessions to watch on IRC and pass
questions to the speakers

I'm sure there's lots of other issues...

Folks who are remote: this is only the second OpenStack conference,
and (I think?) this is the first time any sort of remote support has
been attempted. It's probably going to take a couple conferences to
get this ironed out.

Do note, however, that the IRC sessions are logged and will be combed
for problems, complaints, etc. I've already gone through them once
today, to see what I missed. Keep messaging, keep raising your
voices... you'll be heard eventually, and this will help make remote
support better with each conference.

See you online,

d
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


duncan at dreamhost

Apr 16, 2012, 3:16 PM

Post #2 of 8 (469 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Stefano Maffulli
> <stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:13 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
>>> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are
>>> registered.
>>>
>>> #osds-ballroom
>>> #osds-seacliff-a-b
>>> #osds-seacliff-c
>>> #osds-seacliff-d
>>> #osds-marina
>>> #osds-bayview-a
>>> #osds-bayview-b
>>> #osds-golden-gate
>>>
>>> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>>>   http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/
>>>
>> Awesome, thank you Duncan.
>>
>> We have also (thanks to Cisco) https://openstack.webex.com/ that we can
>> use to stream audio from the rooms. Before we sing our happy song,
>> though, we need to jump a few hoops:
>
> Hey folks,
>
> We don't seem to be giving the remote folks much love :-(
>
> Quick fixes:
>  * does someone have a link to all the etherpads for the sessions?
> Let's get that emailed out to everyone
>  * I'm going to start going around to each session and pasting info
> into the channels for remote folks
>
> Issues:
>  * seems that the webex stuff isn't working consistently
>  * sometimes audio isn't turned on
>  * microphones aren't being passed around
>  * there's no one appointed in the sessions to watch on IRC and pass
> questions to the speakers
>
> I'm sure there's lots of other issues...
>
> Folks who are remote: this is only the second OpenStack conference,
> and (I think?) this is the first time any sort of remote support has
> been attempted. It's probably going to take a couple conferences to
> get this ironed out.
>
> Do note, however, that the IRC sessions are logged and will be combed
> for problems, complaints, etc. I've already gone through them once
> today, to see what I missed. Keep messaging, keep raising your
> voices... you'll be heard eventually, and this will help make remote
> support better with each conference.
>
> See you online,
>
> d

creiht on IRC just pasted this link:

http://wiki.openstack.org/FolsomSummitEtherpads

d
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


matt at nycresistor

Apr 16, 2012, 3:17 PM

Post #3 of 8 (465 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

http://wiki.openstack.org/FolsomSummitEtherpads

All the etherpads

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Stefano Maffulli
> <stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:13 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
>>> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are
>>> registered.
>>>
>>> #osds-ballroom
>>> #osds-seacliff-a-b
>>> #osds-seacliff-c
>>> #osds-seacliff-d
>>> #osds-marina
>>> #osds-bayview-a
>>> #osds-bayview-b
>>> #osds-golden-gate
>>>
>>> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>>>   http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/
>>>
>> Awesome, thank you Duncan.
>>
>> We have also (thanks to Cisco) https://openstack.webex.com/ that we can
>> use to stream audio from the rooms. Before we sing our happy song,
>> though, we need to jump a few hoops:
>
> Hey folks,
>
> We don't seem to be giving the remote folks much love :-(
>
> Quick fixes:
>  * does someone have a link to all the etherpads for the sessions?
> Let's get that emailed out to everyone
>  * I'm going to start going around to each session and pasting info
> into the channels for remote folks
>
> Issues:
>  * seems that the webex stuff isn't working consistently
>  * sometimes audio isn't turned on
>  * microphones aren't being passed around
>  * there's no one appointed in the sessions to watch on IRC and pass
> questions to the speakers
>
> I'm sure there's lots of other issues...
>
> Folks who are remote: this is only the second OpenStack conference,
> and (I think?) this is the first time any sort of remote support has
> been attempted. It's probably going to take a couple conferences to
> get this ironed out.
>
> Do note, however, that the IRC sessions are logged and will be combed
> for problems, complaints, etc. I've already gone through them once
> today, to see what I missed. Keep messaging, keep raising your
> voices... you'll be heard eventually, and this will help make remote
> support better with each conference.
>
> See you online,
>
> d
> _______________________________________________
> Openstack-operators mailing list
> Openstack-operators [at] lists
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


duncan at dreamhost

Apr 17, 2012, 10:38 AM

Post #4 of 8 (462 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 14:03 -0700, Matt Joyce wrote:
>>
>>        Ballroom: Intro Plenary, Breakout tables, Lightning Talks
>>
>>        Seacliff A+B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>        Seacliff C: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>        Seacliff D: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>        Marina: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>        Bayview B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>
>>        Golden Gate: Unconference room (theater setup)*
>>        Bayview A: Developer's lounge
>>
>> The association between rooms+track will be published soon, once the
>> revisions on summit.openstack.org are completed.
>
> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are registered.
>
> #osds-ballroom
> #osds-seacliff-a-b
> #osds-seacliff-c
> #osds-seacliff-d
> #osds-marina
> #osds-bayview-a
> #osds-bayview-b
> #osds-golden-gate
>
> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>  http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/

I've updated the publishbot to log channel topics, so there will now
be a record of the session changes in the IRC logs.

Next, I'll add support for SSH'ing into the logger bot to mass-update
session channels for topic changes and broadcast messages...

d
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


duncan at dreamhost

Apr 17, 2012, 4:36 PM

Post #5 of 8 (468 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 14:03 -0700, Matt Joyce wrote:
>>>
>>>        Ballroom: Intro Plenary, Breakout tables, Lightning Talks
>>>
>>>        Seacliff A+B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Seacliff C: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Seacliff D: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Marina: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Bayview B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>
>>>        Golden Gate: Unconference room (theater setup)*
>>>        Bayview A: Developer's lounge
>>>
>>> The association between rooms+track will be published soon, once the
>>> revisions on summit.openstack.org are completed.
>>
>> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are registered.
>>
>> #osds-ballroom
>> #osds-seacliff-a-b
>> #osds-seacliff-c
>> #osds-seacliff-d
>> #osds-marina
>> #osds-bayview-a
>> #osds-bayview-b
>> #osds-golden-gate
>>
>> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>>  http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/
>
> I've updated the publishbot to log channel topics, so there will now
> be a record of the session changes in the IRC logs.
>
> Next, I'll add support for SSH'ing into the logger bot to mass-update
> session channels for topic changes and broadcast messages...

Okay, I've got it set up so that I can ssh into the IRC bot, send out
broadcast message, and batch-update channel topics. It's getting much
easier to manage than the manual crap I've been doing :-)

Ideally, we've have this stuff pulling from the calendar, and there'd
be no-hands... maybe we can save that for next year ;-)

d
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


duncan at dreamhost

Apr 18, 2012, 8:19 AM

Post #6 of 8 (462 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Stefano Maffulli
> <stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:13 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
>>> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are
>>> registered.
>>>
>>> #osds-ballroom
>>> #osds-seacliff-a-b

A reminder for those at home: I'm going to be camped out in Seacliff
A/B all day today in the DevOps track, with the IRC channel open. Ping
me (oubiwann) with a question (if you use my name, an alert will pop
up, and I'll see it easier -- I'm also going to be taking notes).

See you there!

d
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


duncan at dreamhost

Apr 19, 2012, 12:06 AM

Post #7 of 8 (463 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan [at] dreamhost> wrote:
>
> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are registered.
>
> #osds-ballroom
> #osds-seacliff-a-b
> #osds-seacliff-c
> #osds-seacliff-d
> #osds-marina
> #osds-bayview-a
> #osds-bayview-b
> #osds-golden-gate

Looks like for the conference rooms c and d will be combined, so I've
created and registered a new IRC channel for that one:
#osds-seacliff-c-d

Most of the action will be happening in there as well as:
#osds-ballroom
#osds-seacliff-a-b
#osds-bayview-b

And then a session or two in:
#osds-marina

For the sessions I attend, I plan on having my laptop and being on IRC.

Stef, any word on whether WebEx will be continued for the conference sessions?

d
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


stefano at openstack

Apr 19, 2012, 2:42 PM

Post #8 of 8 (466 views)
Permalink
Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) [In reply to]

On Thu 19 Apr 2012 12:06:25 AM PDT, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> Stef, any word on whether WebEx will be continued for the conference sessions?

I don't think so. At least for Seaclif C+D, the way the mixer is set
doesn't allow for streaming (the mixer is too far away from the
ethernet port.) For the other rooms, I

In any case, all the sessions of the conference are recorded and the
videos will be soon posted on http://vimeo.com/user5231339
_______________________________________________
Openstack-operators mailing list
Openstack-operators [at] lists
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.