Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators
Glance image issue

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

chris at leibnizcreations

Glance image issue

I am working through the instructions for Essex and have run into an issue.
I am not sure if the issue is related to a missing piece of documentation
or if my server is setup incorrectly. I've been very diligent in following
each step of the instructions to be sure everything has been entered

The specific PDF I am using is from here:

When I execute the command to add the tty-linux-kernel, I get the following

Uploading image 'tty-linux-kernel'
Failed to add image. Got error:
The request returned 500 Internal Server Error

The response body:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/wsgi.py", line 336, in
result = self.application(self.environ, start_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 147, in
resp = self.call_func(req, *args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 210, in
return self.func(req, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glance/common/wsgi.py", line 279,
in __call__
response = req.get_response(self.application)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/request.py", line 1086, in
application, catch_exc_info=False)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/request.py", line 1055, in
app_iter = application(self.environ, start_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 147, in
resp = self.call_func(req, *args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 210, in
return self.func(req, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glance/common/wsgi.py", line 276,
in __call__
response = self.process_request(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glance/common/context.py", line
112, in process_request
raise exception.NotAuthenticated()
NotAuthenticated: You are not authenticated.

Note: Your image metadata may still be in the registry, but the image's
status will likely be 'killed'.
41.7M/s, ETA 0h 0m 0s

The only deviation I made from the documentation was to back out the
glance-registry-paste.ini & glance-api-paste.ini lines relating to
authentication. I was getting an error in my syslog where the two services
were spawning to many restarts and were being killed. As soon as I backed
out those changes, the services restarted and stayed running.

I've verified I am running Glance 2012.1 just as the documentation states
that I should be. The OS itself is Ubuntu precise (development branch).

Any assistance in resolving these errors will be greatly appreciated. Thank
Chris Mutchler
chris [at] leibnizcreations

Subject User Time
Glance image issue chris at leibnizcreations Apr 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Re: Glance image issue kiall at managedit Apr 9, 2012, 2:17 PM