Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators
Can I use AMIs published on AWS S3 out-of-box?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

sean.bigdatafun at gmail

Feb 25, 2012, 1:40 AM

Can I use AMIs published on AWS S3 out-of-box?

To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net

After an openstack (private) cloud is setup, can a user simply download
Amazon AMI(s) and publish it into the Glance system, and then use this AMI
directly as the private cloud user?

i.e., can we use the available AMIs out-of-box? -- I feel build an image
itself is not a trivial work sometimes.

http://aws.amazon.com/amis

--
--Sean