Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Operators

openstack Dashboard installation errors

OpenStack operators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

harlan at bloomenterprises

Dec 7, 2011, 12:03 PM

openstack Dashboard installation errors

Hello,
I'm trying to get openstack Dashboard installed and running. The installation instructions I'm following are from this website: http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackDashboard

I have previously installed devstack, but I have been unable to make it persistent. Since devstack is for "development" only, it somewhat makes sense. I've looked at the installation script, but so far I have been unable to see what I've missed.

I am unable to sync the database, nor run the server; I get the same errors as below:

~/horizon/openstack-dashboard$ tools/with_venv.sh dashboard/manage.py syncdb
ERROR:root:No module named local.local_settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/harlan/horizon/openstack-dashboard/dashboard/settings.py", line 126, in <module>
from local.local_settings import *
ImportError: No module named local.local_settings
ERROR:root:No module named local.local_settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/harlan/horizon/openstack-dashboard/dashboard/../dashboard/settings.py", line 126, in <module>
from local.local_settings import *
ImportError: No module named local.local_settings
Error: No module named horizon.dashboards.settings

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Harlan...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

betodalas at gmail

Dec 8, 2011, 1:55 AM

openstack Dashboard installation errors [In reply to]

Hello Harlan,

Do you changed the local_settings.py file?

Roberto

2011/12/7 Harlan H. Bloom <harlan at bloomenterprises.org>

> Hello,
> I'm trying to get openstack Dashboard installed and running. The
> installation instructions I'm following are from this website:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackDashboard
>
> I have previously installed devstack, but I have been unable to make it
> persistent. Since devstack is for "development" only, it somewhat makes
> sense. I've looked at the installation script, but so far I have been
> unable to see what I've missed.
>
> I am unable to sync the database, nor run the server; I get the same
> errors as below:
>
> ~/horizon/openstack-dashboard$ tools/with_venv.sh dashboard/manage.py
> syncdb
> ERROR:root:No module named local.local_settings
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/harlan/horizon/openstack-dashboard/dashboard/settings.py",
> line 126, in <module>
> from local.local_settings import *
> ImportError: No module named local.local_settings
> ERROR:root:No module named local.local_settings
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/home/harlan/horizon/openstack-dashboard/dashboard/../dashboard/settings.py",
> line 126, in <module>
> from local.local_settings import *
> ImportError: No module named local.local_settings
> Error: No module named horizon.dashboards.settings
>

> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harlan...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

harlan at bloomenterprises

Dec 8, 2011, 9:51 AM

openstack Dashboard installation errors [In reply to]

Hello Roberto,
Yes, I did change the local_settings.py file. I added or modified these lines:

SWIFT_ENABLED = True I originally had this set to True, but because of errors a web site said to set it to False. Setting it to True makes no difference.

OPENSTACK_ADMIN_TOKEN = "999888777666"
OPENSTACK_HOST = "127.0.0.1"
OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL = "http://mykeystoneurl:5000/v2.0/"
OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_ADMIN_URL = "http://%s:35357/v2.0" % OPENSTACK_HOST
OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_DEFAULT_ROLE = "Member"

QUANTUM_ENABLED = True
QUANTUM_URL = '%s' % OPENSTACK_HOST
QUANTUM_PORT = '9696'
QUANTUM_TENANT = '1234'