Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Netstack

Nova-Compute the VMs

OpenStack netstack RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

trinath.somanchi at gmail

Aug 6, 2012, 11:05 PM

Nova-Compute the VMs

Hi-'

I have been testing the openstack for past few days... and I have a doubt
here...

>From the Horizon in the CONTROLLER, VMs are created in the NODE machine.

Using the virsh console at the NODE machine, I have suspended the VM. But
the same VM-STATE is not populated in the HORIZON.

Does Nova-Compute in the NODE machine check for the status of the VMs and
update the DB periodically??

Help me understand the same...

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130

matt.joyce at cloudscaling

Aug 6, 2012, 11:25 PM

Re: Nova-Compute the VMs [In reply to]

You are using virsh directly. Don't do that. Let openstack suspend
nodes. Otherwise yes openstack will not know that you have decided to play
with virsh.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Trinath Somanchi <
trinath.somanchi [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi-'
>
> I have been testing the openstack for past few days... and I have a doubt
> here...
>
> From the Horizon in the CONTROLLER, VMs are created in the NODE machine.
>
> Using the virsh console at the NODE machine, I have suspended the VM. But
> the same VM-STATE is not populated in the HORIZON.
>

> Does Nova-Compute in the NODE machine check for the status of the VMs and
> update the DB periodically??
>
> Help me understand the same...
>

> --
> Regards,

matt.joyce at cloudscaling

Aug 6, 2012, 11:26 PM

Re: Nova-Compute the VMs [In reply to]

point of clarity... it should figure out the vm is in a bad state
eventually and list it as not running.