Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Foundation
No subject

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

bogus at does

Nov 9, 2011, 2:23 PM

No subject [In reply to]

> Should the foundation even have employees, or should foundation roles
> simply be employees of donor organizations, with their salaries
> composing some part of foundation membership dues?

I'd say both options are on the table, and they don't have to be
exclusive. Someone working full-time on Foundation-owned tasks (see
"Scope of Foundation" thread) should be considered working on the
Foundation.

In the same area, will the foundation need specific officers
(delegations of power from the board of directors or technical board) ?
Or can it all be run from the boards themselves ? What would be those
roles ? I'm a big fan of letting people do the work and impose
themselves as the natural person in charge (rather than be appointed and
not necessarily do the work well), but in this precise case it may fall
a bit short...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack