Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Dev

what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack?

fhli at tnsoft

Mar 28, 2012, 2:56 AM

what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack?

All,
I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where can i
find the default username and password for the launched instance?
thanks!

rsokolkov at gmail

Mar 28, 2012, 3:22 AM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

For cirrOS images
login: cirros
pass: cubswin:)

2012/3/28 Felix <fhli [at] tnsoft>

> All,
> I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where can i
> find the default username and password for the launched instance?
> thanks!

Regards, Roman Sokolkov

chmouel at chmouel

Mar 28, 2012, 3:33 AM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Felix <fhli [at] tnsoft> wrote:
> I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where can i find
> the default username and password for the launched instance?

This should be mentioned (on your screen) when stack.sh is finished or
it should be stored in the value ADMIN_PASSWORD in the localrc file.

Chmouel.

PS: default username is admin

andycjw at gmail

Mar 28, 2012, 3:38 AM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

He asked for the username/password for instance, not horizon dashboard

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel [at] chmouel>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Felix <fhli [at] tnsoft> wrote:
> > I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where can i
> find
> > the default username and password for the launched instance?
>
> This should be mentioned (on your screen) when stack.sh is finished or
> it should be stored in the value ADMIN_PASSWORD in the localrc file.
>
> Chmouel.
>
> PS: default username is admin

gongysh at cn

Mar 28, 2012, 4:00 AM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

go to the instance's vnc console, it is printed there just before the login: prompt.

if you don't know how to get to the console on dashboard UI, just use the virt-manager to access the vnc console of the instance.

Sent by: openstack-bounces+gongysh=cn.ibm.com [at] lists
He asked for the username/password for instance, not horizon dashboard

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel [at] chmouel> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Felix <fhli [at] tnsoft> wrote:
> I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where can i find
> the default username and password for the launched instance?

This should be mentioned (on your screen) when stack.sh is finished or
it should be stored in the value ADMIN_PASSWORD in the localrc file.

Chmouel.

PS: default username is admin

mandar.vaze at vertex

Mar 28, 2012, 4:54 AM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

I create my instance using cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-blank image
Default username/password for the instance is listed on the very last line in “View Log”

-Mandar

go to the instance's vnc console, it is printed there just before the login: prompt.

if you don't know how to get to the console on dashboard UI, just use the virt-manager to access the vnc console of the instance.

Sent by: openstack-bounces+gongysh=cn.ibm.com [at] lists<mailto:openstack-bounces+gongysh=cn.ibm.com [at] lists>
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel [at] chmouel<mailto:chmouel [at] chmouel>> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Felix <fhli [at] tnsoft<mailto:fhli [at] tnsoft>> wrote:
> I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where can i find
> the default username and password for the launched instance?
This should be mentioned (on your screen) when stack.sh is finished or
it should be stored in the value ADMIN_PASSWORD in the localrc file.

Chmouel.

PS: default username is admin

fhli at tnsoft

Mar 28, 2012, 6:56 PM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

it works, thanks a lot!

于 2012年03月28日 18:22, Roman Sokolkov 写道:
> For cirrOS images
> login: cirros
> pass: cubswin:)
>
> 2012/3/28 Felix <fhli [at] tnsoft <mailto:fhli [at] tnsoft>>
>
> All,
> I tried to install openstack by devstack and succeeded, but where
> can i find the default username and password for the launched
> instance?
> thanks!

> Regards, Roman Sokolkov

fhli at tnsoft

Mar 28, 2012, 7:00 PM

Re: what's the default username&password for the instance in devstack? [In reply to]

they are in the log, thanks very much!

于 2012年03月28日 19:54, Mandar Vaze 写道: