jplaisne at gmail
Aug 10, 2012, 9:52 AM
Post #1 of 1
Open Standards for Open Cloud: Call for particpation
As a follow up of last year's session “Open Cloud in Europe”, we have
the pleasure to organize a whole Open World
Forum<http://www.openworldforum.org/en>track dedicated to open cloud
and open standards, and would like to invite
you to participate in this session to provide feedback from open cloud
projects and on the usage of open standards. The goal is to support
Standards Development Organisations with your experience and insight: we
want this meeting to be a forum where those who get their “hands dirty”,
who are experienced in creating and deploying cloud applications, can
present and question usage of and requirements for open standards.
We are looking for experienced developers who have faced issues when:
* using non-standard APIs,
* moving from non-standard/de-facto APIs/libraries to standard
* failing to use cloud standards,
* achieving interoperability between implementations / standards,
* achieving portability between implementations (e.g. there is no VM image
standard... or is there?),
* trying to avoid implementation / provider lock-in,
* working on automation.
So if you can answer positively at least one of the following questions,
you are the kind of candidate we would be delighted to welcome on this
* Are you implementing standards?
* Are you interfacing to standards?
* Are you working on standards specifications?
* Do you want to bring issues and/or highlight deficiencies regarding
* Do you want to demonstrate your implementation/solution using
* Are you working on a “framework project” (OpenStack, OpenNebula,
CloudStack, Eucalyptus, CompatibleOne, …) and like to share your thoughts
on which role they play with respect to standards development and adoption?
* Do you work on multiple clouds? Do you deal with many interfaces?
* Do you face issues moving your application from one provider to another?
Your proposal should be sent by the 10th of September 2012 at the latest,
to owf12 [at] ogf
Your participation will be confirmed in until 25th of September 2012.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Alan Sill and Florian Feldhaus, Andrew Edmonds, Andre Merzky, Jean-Pierre
on behalf of OGF, OCCI Working Group and OW2
When: Friday 12th October
Where: Open World Forum <http://www.openworldforum.org/en>
What: Cloud computing is perceived as a new IT domain where
interoperability, portability and reversibility sound like impossible
issues to solve. This session will demonstrate how open and interoperable
clouds are possible in the face of service provider lock-in. The audience
will be able to evaluate the gaps and the real solutions to make open
cloud, i.e. a cloud of freedom of choice, a reality.