Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Dev

Gold Member Election Update

John_Igoe at Dell

Aug 8, 2012, 3:22 AM

Gold Member Election Update

Recently the gold member formation committee met to discuss the election of directors for the gold members and agreed on the mechanics and timing of our election. We will be holding our election using cumulative voting the week before the individual member elections. There was some earlier discussion on the list about the ordering of director selection, and this will make it clear who will be the gold directors by the end of the week before the individual member elections open.

Because we have a small number of members, the election will be administered by the Foundation's legal counsel at DLA Piper. There are a total of 11 gold members at this point in time and 8 board members will be elected. They will tally our votes and publish the results. We expect to complete the voting on a single day during the week of August 13th, although the exact date has not yet been set.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this effort.

Openstack Foundation Gold Member Formation Committee:

Randy Bias
Joshua McKenty
Adam Waters
Dale David
Boris Renski
Cliff Young
John Igoe
Lew Tucker
Mark Collier
Simon Anderson
Sean Roberts
Alan Clark
Patrick Fu
Winston Damarillo

jonathan at openstack

Aug 16, 2012, 3:56 PM

Re: Gold Member Election Update [In reply to]

Hi everyone,

The Gold Members completed their election today. DLA Piper administered the election and has passed along the results. The eight elected companies and the individuals they intend to appoint to the board are listed alphabetically below:

Cisco - Lew Tucker
Cloudscaling - Randy Bias
Dell - John Igoe
Dreamhost - Simon Anderson
ITRI/CCAT - Dr. Tzi-cker Chiueh
Mirantis - Boris Renski
Piston - Joshua McKenty
Yahoo! - Sean Roberts

Thanks,

Jonathan

On Aug 8, 2012, at 5:22 AM, <John_Igoe [at] Dell> <John_Igoe [at] Dell> wrote:

> Recently the gold member formation committee met to discuss the election of directors for the gold members and agreed on the mechanics and timing of our election. We will be holding our election using cumulative voting the week before the individual member elections. There was some earlier discussion on the list about the ordering of director selection, and this will make it clear who will be the gold directors by the end of the week before the individual member elections open.
>
> Because we have a small number of members, the election will be administered by the Foundation's legal counsel at DLA Piper. There are a total of 11 gold members at this point in time and 8 board members will be elected. They will tally our votes and publish the results. We expect to complete the voting on a single day during the week of August 13th, although the exact date has not yet been set.
>
> Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this effort.
>
> Openstack Foundation Gold Member Formation Committee:
>
> Randy Bias
> Joshua McKenty
> Adam Waters
> Dale David
> Boris Renski
> Cliff Young
> John Igoe
> Lew Tucker
> Mark Collier
> Simon Anderson
> Sean Roberts
> Alan Clark
> Patrick Fu
> Winston Damarillo

acs at parvuscaptus

Aug 16, 2012, 4:12 PM

Re: Gold Member Election Update [In reply to]

Cisco - Lew Tucker
> Cloudscaling - Randy Bias
> Dell - John Igoe
> Dreamhost - Simon Anderson
> ITRI/CCAT - Dr. Tzi-cker Chiueh
> Mirantis - Boris Renski
> Piston - Joshua McKenty
> Yahoo! - Sean Roberts

Congratulations to the newly elected board members.

Do we have an oath of office?