Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Dev

swift3 middleware split.

chmouel at chmouel

swift3 middleware split.

Hi Fujita,

I have sent you a pull request for your swift3 repository :

https://github.com/fujita/swift3/pull/1

I have added a few files to match a bit more what gholt did in the
other middlewares and copied the swift3 unittests as well. I am going
to work on a branch for devstack that use this middleware for testing
since we have a an excercise there that functionally test much of this
feature (via euca-upload-bundle).

When this is done we can probably remove it from swift main repository
and let know people by updating documentation (ie: s3_token in swift)
and others (ie: blog post) about the change.

Let me know what do you think,

Regards,
Chmouel.

fujita.tomonori at lab

Re: swift3 middleware split. [In reply to]

Hello,

On Mon, 21 May 2012 13:34:29 +0200
Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel [at] chmouel> wrote:

> I have sent you a pull request for your swift3 repository :
>
> https://github.com/fujita/swift3/pull/1

Applied, thanks!

> I have added a few files to match a bit more what gholt did in the
> other middlewares and copied the swift3 unittests as well. I am going
> to work on a branch for devstack that use this middleware for testing
> since we have a an excercise there that functionally test much of this
> feature (via euca-upload-bundle).
>
> When this is done we can probably remove it from swift main repository
> and let know people by updating documentation (ie: s3_token in swift)
> and others (ie: blog post) about the change.

Sounds fine to me.

sorrison at gmail

Re: swift3 middleware split. [In reply to]

Would also be good to start thinking about how these are packaged up
and added to ubuntu/epel etc. archives.

Will the people who do the deb/rpm packaging for swift also be doing
these plugins? Or are they entirely separate in that sense too?

Cheers,
Sam

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM, FUJITA Tomonori
<fujita.tomonori [at] lab> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 21 May 2012 13:34:29 +0200
> Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel [at] chmouel> wrote:
>
>> I have sent you a pull request for your swift3 repository :
>>
>> https://github.com/fujita/swift3/pull/1
>
> Applied, thanks!
>
>> I have added a few files to match a bit more what gholt did in the
>> other middlewares and copied the swift3 unittests as well. I am going
>> to work on a branch for devstack that use this middleware for testing
>> since we have a an excercise there that functionally test much of this
>> feature (via euca-upload-bundle).
>>
>> When this is done we can probably remove it from swift main repository
>> and let know people by updating documentation (ie: s3_token in swift)
>> and others (ie: blog post) about the change.
>
> Sounds fine to me.

thierry at openstack

Re: swift3 middleware split. [In reply to]

Sam Morrison wrote:
> Would also be good to start thinking about how these are packaged up
> and added to ubuntu/epel etc. archives.
>
> Will the people who do the deb/rpm packaging for swift also be doing
> these plugins? Or are they entirely separate in that sense too?

I expect the packaging teams in each distro to consider which plugins
make the most sense and package them.

Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack