Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Dev

VM loses network conectivity

cbalvarez at gmail

VM loses network conectivity

Hi all.

I am using ubuntu 12.04 essex. 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr
10 20:39:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

After a while, with high traffic, the instances loses network and they
end being unreachables, only being able to connect using terminal. My
network/interfaces are

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
slaves eth0 eth1
bond_mode 4
bond_miimon 100
bond_downdelay 200
bond_updelay 200
bond_lacp_rate 1

auto vlan11
iface vlan11 inet static
address 10.1.8.13
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.1.8.1
dns-search despexds.net
vlan-raw-device bond0

auto vlan55
iface vlan55 inet manual
vlan-raw-device bond0

I've seen this,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/584048 but it
is quite old and I think the patches are merged in the distribution I
am using. Also, as far as I understand, there they talk about bridge
changing mac address and I don't see it is happening.

Also, I've seen this, http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5526 which
matches my case except I am using ubuntu.

Sorry if it is not the right list to post.

Thanks.
Carlos.