Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Dev

[Metering] Understanding SystemUsageData and its evolution

loic at enovance

[Metering] Understanding SystemUsageData and its evolution

Hi,

I would like to better understand the rationale for the choices made for http://wiki.openstack.org/SystemUsageData values. For instance, why *bandwidth*:keys are network labels instead of IPs ? How to account for the bandwidth for a given IP ?

If that has already been discussed on this list I would very much appreciate a link to the thread.

I also wonder if you plan to modify the messages when quantum is being used. I assume IPs, bandwidth (and more) will then be in messages issued by quantum. How would that work ?

Cheers

--
Loc Dachary Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs http://labs.enovance.com