Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: OpenStack: Dev

Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04

 

 

OpenStack dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


emilien.openstack at gmail

Apr 30, 2012, 12:41 AM

Post #1 of 20 (1101 views)
Permalink
Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04

Hi,

I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.

I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and
my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).


It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum
is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a
documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.

You can find this documentation in attachment and here with all
configuration files & scripts.


Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by
best tocorrect it.


Best regards

--
Emilien Macchi
Phone : +33 685 117 748
Skype : memilien69
Twitter : EmilienMacchi
Website : http://my1.fr
Attachments: How to setup OpenStack Essex.pdf (318 KB)


martin.loschwitz at hastexo

Apr 30, 2012, 1:52 AM

Post #2 of 20 (1101 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Am 30.04.12 09:41, schrieb Emilien Macchi:
> Hi,
>
> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>
>
> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
>
> You can find this documentation in attachment and here <https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack> with all configuration files & scripts.
>
>
> *Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by best tocorrect it.*
>
>
> Best regards
>

Hello there,

that's fabolous work, thanks a lot! I'd be interested in integrating parts of
this into the hastexo OpenStack installation guide if you don't mind -- what
license is your documentation published under, and would you agree to such a
step? :)

Best regards
Martin G. Loschwitz

--
Martin Gerhard Loschwitz
Chief Brand Officer, Principal Consultant
hastexo Professional Services

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and/or the accompanying documents
are privileged and confidential under applicable law. The person who
receives this message and who is not the addressee, one of his employees
or an agent entitled to hand it over to the addressee, is informed that
he may not use, disclose or reproduce the contents thereof. Should you
have received this e-mail (or any copy thereof) in error, please let us
know by telephone or e-mail without delay and delete the message from
your system. Thank you.

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : openstack [at] lists
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


loic at enovance

Apr 30, 2012, 4:46 AM

Post #3 of 20 (1082 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

On 04/30/2012 10:52 AM, Martin Gerhard Loschwitz wrote:
> Am 30.04.12 09:41, schrieb Emilien Macchi:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>>
>>
>> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
>>
>> You can find this documentation in attachment and here <https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack> with all configuration files & scripts.
>>
>>
>> *Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by best tocorrect it.*
>>
>>
>> Best regards
>>
> Hello there,
>
> that's fabolous work, thanks a lot! I'd be interested in integrating parts of
> this into the hastexo OpenStack installation guide if you don't mind -- what
> license is your documentation published under, and would you agree to such a
> step? :)
>
> Best regards
> Martin G. Loschwitz
>
Hi,

stackops chose to release under Creative Commons – Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 ( https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack/blob/master/README ), which allows all redistribution as long as you keep the credits and the copyleft license.

Emilien, in order for people to improve your document you should add the sources of the document to https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack . Otherwise it needs to be copied over and you'll have a hard time incorporating pull requests.

Good work :-)

--
Loïc Dachary Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs http://labs.enovance.com
// ✉ loic [at] enovance ☎ +33 1 49 70 99 82


_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : openstack [at] lists
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


anne at openstack

Apr 30, 2012, 5:26 AM

Post #4 of 20 (1093 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi Emilien -
Ideally Martin's guide and your guide would be part of the OpenStack
documentation - your licensing would work within our framework for docs.

Martin, how is progress going on submitting your Quick Start guide through
the Gerrit review process?

Thanks,
Anne


Anne Gentle | http://justwriteclick.com/

[image: Facebook] <http://facebook.com/conversationandcommunity>[image:
Linkedin] <http://linkedin.com/annegentle>[image:
Twitter]<http://twitter.com/annegentle>


On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Loic Dachary <loic [at] enovance> wrote:

> On 04/30/2012 10:52 AM, Martin Gerhard Loschwitz wrote:
> > Am 30.04.12 09:41, schrieb Emilien Macchi:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
> >>
> >> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and
> my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
> >>
> >>
> >> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum
> is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a
> documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
> >>
> >> You can find this documentation in attachment and here <
> https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack> with all configuration files &
> scripts.
> >>
> >>
> >> *Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by
> best tocorrect it.*
> >>
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > that's fabolous work, thanks a lot! I'd be interested in integrating
> parts of
> > this into the hastexo OpenStack installation guide if you don't mind --
> what
> > license is your documentation published under, and would you agree to
> such a
> > step? :)
> >
> > Best regards
> > Martin G. Loschwitz
> >
> Hi,
>
> stackops chose to release under Creative Commons – Attribution-ShareAlike
> 3.0 ( https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack/blob/master/README ),
> which allows all redistribution as long as you keep the credits and the
> copyleft license.
>
> Emilien, in order for people to improve your document you should add the
> sources of the document to https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack .
> Otherwise it needs to be copied over and you'll have a hard time
> incorporating pull requests.
>
> Good work :-)
>
> --
> Loïc Dachary Chief Research Officer
> // eNovance labs http://labs.enovance.com
> // ✉ loic [at] enovance ☎ +33 1 49 70 99 82
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
> Post to : openstack [at] lists
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>


berrange at redhat

Apr 30, 2012, 5:40 AM

Post #5 of 20 (1085 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 07:26:17AM -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi Emilien -
> Ideally Martin's guide and your guide would be part of the OpenStack
> documentation - your licensing would work within our framework for docs.
>
> Martin, how is progress going on submitting your Quick Start guide through
> the Gerrit review process?

Your suggestion implies that OpenStack upstream is OK with having downstream
distro-specific setup docs. If that's the case we have an equivalent getting
started guide for Essex on Fedora 17:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_on_Fedora_17

This wiki content is under "Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License
3.0 Unported" [1]

Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses#This_Website
--
|: http://berrange.com -o- http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: http://entangle-photo.org -o- http://live.gnome.org/gtk-vnc :|

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : openstack [at] lists
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


emilien.openstack at gmail

Apr 30, 2012, 6:04 AM

Post #6 of 20 (1092 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Loïc,

Le lundi 30 avril 2012 à 13:46 +0200, Loic Dachary a écrit :


> Emilien, in order for people to improve your document you should add the sources of the document to https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack . Otherwise it needs to be copied over and you'll have a hard time incorporating pull requests.


Sorry, I forget to publish it. It's online now.



Regards,


Emilien


annegentle at justwriteclick

Apr 30, 2012, 6:15 AM

Post #7 of 20 (1086 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi Daniel -
Thanks for thinking of that document as well.

The goal is to bring documents specific to OpenStack into a doc system with bug tracking, testing, editing, and community contributor access. Eventually translation may be available.

I'd like to avoid the fragmentation and doubt I hear about the docs by applying systems discipline to as many relevant docs as possible.

The process for contributing docs is described here: Http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo

Thanks,
Anne

Anne Gentle
Content Stacker
anne [at] openstack


On Apr 30, 2012, at 7:40 AM, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange [at] redhat> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 07:26:17AM -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:
>> Hi Emilien -
>> Ideally Martin's guide and your guide would be part of the OpenStack
>> documentation - your licensing would work within our framework for docs.
>>
>> Martin, how is progress going on submitting your Quick Start guide through
>> the Gerrit review process?
>
> Your suggestion implies that OpenStack upstream is OK with having downstream
> distro-specific setup docs. If that's the case we have an equivalent getting
> started guide for Essex on Fedora 17:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_on_Fedora_17
>
> This wiki content is under "Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License
> 3.0 Unported" [1]
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses#This_Website
> --
> |: http://berrange.com -o- http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
> |: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org :|
> |: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
> |: http://entangle-photo.org -o- http://live.gnome.org/gtk-vnc :|

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : openstack [at] lists
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


martin.loschwitz at hastexo

Apr 30, 2012, 7:11 AM

Post #8 of 20 (1100 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Am 30.04.12 14:26, schrieb Anne Gentle:
> Hi Emilien -
> Ideally Martin's guide and your guide would be part of the OpenStack documentation - your licensing would work within our framework for docs.
>
> Martin, how is progress going on submitting your Quick Start guide through the Gerrit review process?
>
> Thanks,
> Anne
>
>

Anne,

I'll try to get a docbook version of it over to you this week.

Best regards
Martin

--
Martin Gerhard Loschwitz
Chief Brand Officer, Principal Consultant
hastexo Professional Services

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and/or the accompanying documents
are privileged and confidential under applicable law. The person who
receives this message and who is not the addressee, one of his employees
or an agent entitled to hand it over to the addressee, is informed that
he may not use, disclose or reproduce the contents thereof. Should you
have received this e-mail (or any copy thereof) in error, please let us
know by telephone or e-mail without delay and delete the message from
your system. Thank you.

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : openstack [at] lists
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


david.medberry at canonical

Apr 30, 2012, 7:24 AM

Post #9 of 20 (1081 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

On 04/30/2012 01:41 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and
> my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>
>
> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because
> Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I
> publish a documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
>
> You can find this documentation in attachment and here
> <https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack> with all configuration
> files & scripts.
>
>
> *Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by
> best tocorrect it.*
>
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> *Emilien Macchi*
>
>
Emilien,

Many thanks for publishing this. We'll run through your config guide as
quickly as possible. (And of course, the Quantum work is particularly
appreciated--thanks for working through it and publishing it.)

-dave medberry


eperdomo at cisco

May 1, 2012, 11:52 PM

Post #10 of 20 (1082 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi Emilien,



Good document in general, any plans to add swift here?



Thanks,



Edgar Magana



From: openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists [mailto:openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists] On Behalf Of Emilien Macchi
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 12:42 AM
To: openstack [at] lists
Subject: [Openstack] Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04



Hi,

I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.

I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).


It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.

You can find this documentation in attachment and here <https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack> with all configuration files & scripts.


Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by best tocorrect it.


Best regards

--
Emilien Macchi
Phone : +33 685 117 748
Skype : memilien69
Twitter : EmilienMacchi <https://twitter.com/>
Website : http://my1.fr


emilien.openstack at gmail

May 2, 2012, 2:30 AM

Post #11 of 20 (1070 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

HI Edgar,


Thank's !


Yes,as you can read in the doc, it will evoluate in the future.

Maybe someone will do it before me, the documentation is under a free
license, so feel free to add some features !


Best regards



Le mardi 01 mai 2012 à 23:52 -0700, Edgar Magana (eperdomo) a écrit :
> Hi Emilien,
>
>
>
> Good document in general, any plans to add swift here?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Edgar Magana
>
>
>
>
> From: openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists
> [mailto:openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists] On
> Behalf Of Emilien Macchi
> Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 12:42 AM
> To: openstack [at] lists
> Subject: [Openstack] Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and
> my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>
>
> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because
> Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I
> publish a documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous
> software.
>
> You can find this documentation in attachment and here with all
> configuration files & scripts.
>
>
> Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by
> best tocorrect it.
>
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Emilien Macchi
> Phone : +33 685 117 748
> Skype : memilien69
> Twitter : EmilienMacchi
> Website : http://my1.fr
>
>
>
>
>
>


shake.chen at gmail

May 3, 2012, 1:56 AM

Post #12 of 20 (1066 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi Emilien

I have some question about document. please correct me if wrong.

1: nova-api

I found you install nova-api in both machine. but in nova.conf

--nova_url=http://10.68.1.40:8774/v1.1/

whether really need install nova-api in compute node.


2: nova-network

I found install nova-network in both machine. but nova.conf not set

--*multi**-host*=T

also the the machine nova.conf
--routing_source_ip=10.68.1.40











On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Emilien Macchi
<emilien.openstack [at] gmail>wrote:

> **
> HI Edgar,
>
>
> Thank's !
>
>
> Yes,as you can read in the doc, it will evoluate in the future.
>
> Maybe someone will do it before me, the documentation is under a free
> license, so feel free to add some features !
>
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
> Le mardi 01 mai 2012 à 23:52 -0700, Edgar Magana (eperdomo) a écrit :
>
> Hi Emilien,
>
>
>
> Good document in general, any plans to add swift here?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Edgar Magana
>
>
>
> *From:* openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists [mailto:
> openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists] *On Behalf Of *Emilien
> Macchi
> *Sent:* Monday, April 30, 2012 12:42 AM
> *To:* openstack [at] lists
> *Subject:* [Openstack] Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and my
> work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>
>
> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum is
> only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a
> documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
>
> You can find this documentation in attachment and here<https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack>with all configuration files & scripts.
>
>
> *Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by
> best tocorrect it.*
>
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> *Emilien Macchi*
> Phone : +33 685 117 748
> Skype : memilien69
> Twitter : EmilienMacchi <https://twitter.com/>
> Website : http://my1.fr
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
> Post to : openstack [at] lists
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
>


--
Shake Chen


emilien.openstack at gmail

May 3, 2012, 2:22 AM

Post #13 of 20 (1069 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi Shake,

Le jeudi 03 mai 2012 à 16:56 +0800, Shake Chen a écrit :

> I have some question about document. please correct me if wrong.
>
> 1: nova-api
>
> I found you install nova-api in both machine. but in nova.conf
>
> --nova_url=http://10.68.1.40:8774/v1.1/
>
> whether really need install nova-api in compute node.


So can I delete nova-api from nova compute node (ESSEX-2) ?



> 2: nova-network
>
> I found install nova-network in both machine. but nova.conf not set
>
> --multi-host=T
>
> also the the machine nova.conf
> --routing_source_ip=10.68.1.40



That's a mistake from me. I just copy/paste the files and change some
parameters.

Please tell me what I can drop from nova.conf of Essex-2.

N.B: I don't want to use multi-host because I'm using Quantum, and it's
not compatible yet for multi hosts.

Tell me if I say wrong !


Thank you for your feedback,

After your response, I'm going to correct it and update my Git.


Regards


Emilien



>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Emilien Macchi
> <emilien.openstack [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> HI Edgar,
>
>
> Thank's !
>
>
> Yes,as you can read in the doc, it will evoluate in the
> future.
>
> Maybe someone will do it before me, the documentation is under
> a free license, so feel free to add some features !
>
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
> Le mardi 01 mai 2012 à 23:52 -0700, Edgar Magana (eperdomo) a
> écrit :
>
> > Hi Emilien,
> >
> >
> >
> > Good document in general, any plans to add swift here?
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >
> >
> > Edgar Magana
> >
> >
> >
> > From: openstack-bounces
> > +eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists
> > [mailto:openstack-bounces
> > +eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists] On Behalf Of
> > Emilien Macchi
> > Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 12:42 AM
> > To: openstack [at] lists
> > Subject: [Openstack] Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu
> > 12.04
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for
> > Ubuntu 12.04.
> >
> > I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my
> > internship, and my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking
> > as a service in OpenStack).
> >
> >
> > It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure
> > because Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release.
> > That's why I publish a documentation in which anyone can
> > test this fabulous software.
> >
> > You can find this documentation in attachment and here with
> > all configuration files & scripts.
> >
> >
> > Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I
> > will do by best tocorrect it.
> >
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >


razique.mahroua at gmail

May 3, 2012, 7:18 AM

Post #14 of 20 (1072 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Again thanks for that precious documentation Emilien

I'm going to use it for working on the diablo -> Essex migration. I'll let you know how it went on ubuntu 10.04. I think it would work.

Nuage & Co - Razique Mahroua
razique.mahroua [at] gmail



Le 30 avr. 2012 09:41, Emilien Macchi a crit :

> <How to setup OpenStack Essex.pdf>
Attachments: NUAGECO-LOGO-Fblan_petit.jpg (9.88 KB)


shake.chen at gmail

May 8, 2012, 6:51 PM

Post #15 of 20 (953 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi Emilien

two question about nova.conf

1:whether can add

my_ip=x.x.x.x

so let conf file more common,like below

routing_source_ip=$my_ip

vncserver_listen=$my_ip

vncserver_proxyclient_address=$my_ip


whether can convert nova.conf, now no need --

nova-manage config convert /etc/nova/nova.conf

would remove all --







On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Emilien Macchi
<emilien.openstack [at] gmail>wrote:

> **
> Hi Shake,
>
> Le jeudi 03 mai 2012 à 16:56 +0800, Shake Chen a écrit :
>
> I have some question about document. please correct me if wrong.
>
> 1: nova-api
>
> I found you install nova-api in both machine. but in nova.conf
>
> --nova_url=http://10.68.1.40:8774/v1.1/
>
> whether really need install nova-api in compute node.
>
>
> So can I delete nova-api from nova compute node (ESSEX-2) ?
>
>
>
> 2: nova-network
>
> I found install nova-network in both machine. but nova.conf not set
>
> --*multi-host*=T
>
> also the the machine nova.conf
> --routing_source_ip=10.68.1.40
>
>
>
> That's a mistake from me. I just copy/paste the files and change some
> parameters.
>
> Please tell me what I can drop from nova.conf of Essex-2.
>
> N.B: I don't want to use multi-host because I'm using Quantum, and it's not
> compatible yet<http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/openstack-network/admin/content/EnablingQuantumManager-d1e453.html>for multi hosts.
>
> Tell me if I say wrong !
>
>
> Thank you for your feedback,
>
> After your response, I'm going to correct it and update my Git.
>
>
> Regards
>
>
> Emilien
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Emilien Macchi <
> emilien.openstack [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> HI Edgar,
>
>
> Thank's !
>
>
> Yes,as you can read in the doc, it will evoluate in the future.
>
> Maybe someone will do it before me, the documentation is under a free
> license, so feel free to add some features !
>
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
> Le mardi 01 mai 2012 à 23:52 -0700, Edgar Magana (eperdomo) a écrit :
>
> Hi Emilien,
>
>
>
> Good document in general, any plans to add swift here?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Edgar Magana
>
>
>
> *From:* openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists [mailto:
> openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists] *On Behalf Of *Emilien
> Macchi
> *Sent:* Monday, April 30, 2012 12:42 AM
> *To:* openstack [at] lists
> *Subject:* [Openstack] Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and my
> work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>
>
> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum is
> only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a
> documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
>
> You can find this documentation in attachment and here<https://github.com/EmilienM/doc-openstack>with all configuration files & scripts.
>
>
> *Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by
> best tocorrect it.*
>
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
Shake Chen


beyounn at gmail

May 17, 2012, 10:47 PM

Post #16 of 20 (896 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Emilien,
I'm using your document to setup an environment, so far I have two issues, hope you could help out.
1. the Linux bridge driver is install/loaded during the install process. I tried to remove it by add it into modprobe blacklist, but it is still installed after reboot.
2. I can start quantum-server manually without any problem, but it will fall if it is auto started during system boot up.

Thanks
Yi

On May 3, 2012, at 2:22 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:

> Hi Shake,
>
> Le jeudi 03 mai 2012 16:56 +0800, Shake Chen a crit :
>> I have some question about document. please correct me if wrong.
>>
>> 1: nova-api
>>
>> I found you install nova-api in both machine. but in nova.conf
>>
>> --nova_url=http://10.68.1.40:8774/v1.1/
>>
>> whether really need install nova-api in compute node.
>
> So can I delete nova-api from nova compute node (ESSEX-2) ?
>
>
>> 2: nova-network
>>
>> I found install nova-network in both machine. but nova.conf not set
>>
>> --multi-host=T
>>
>> also the the machine nova.conf
>> --routing_source_ip=10.68.1.40
>
>
> That's a mistake from me. I just copy/paste the files and change some parameters.
>
> Please tell me what I can drop from nova.conf of Essex-2.
>
> N.B: I don't want to use multi-host because I'm using Quantum, and it's not compatible yet for multi hosts.
>
> Tell me if I say wrong !
>
>
> Thank you for your feedback,
>
> After your response, I'm going to correct it and update my Git.
>
>
> Regards
>
>
> Emilien
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien.openstack [at] gmail> wrote:
>> HI Edgar,
>>
>>
>> Thank's !
>>
>>
>> Yes,as you can read in the doc, it will evoluate in the future.
>>
>> Maybe someone will do it before me, the documentation is under a free license, so feel free to add some features !
>>
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>>
>>
>> Le mardi 01 mai 2012 23:52 -0700, Edgar Magana (eperdomo) a crit :
>>> Hi Emilien,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Good document in general, any plans to add swift here?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Edgar Magana
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> From: openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists [mailto:openstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com [at] lists] On Behalf Of Emilien Macchi
>>> Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 12:42 AM
>>> To: openstack [at] lists
>>> Subject: [Openstack] Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I release my first documentation on OpenStack Essex for Ubuntu 12.04.
>>>
>>> I've been working for three weeks with StackOps for my internship, and my work is focused ont Quantum (Networking as a service in OpenStack).
>>>
>>>
>>> It was quite difficult to have a working infrastructure because Quantum is only in "incubation" for Essex release. That's why I publish a documentation in which anyone can test this fabulous software.
>>>
>>> You can find this documentation in attachment and here with all configuration files & scripts.
>>>
>>>
>>> Please let me know if I did some mistakes, and of course I will do by best tocorrect it.
>>>
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
> Post to : openstack [at] lists
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


beyounn at gmail

May 18, 2012, 10:13 AM

Post #17 of 20 (900 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

On 05/18/2012 03:44 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Yi,
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Yi Sun <beyounn [at] gmail
> <mailto:beyounn [at] gmail>> wrote:
>
> Emilien,
> I'm using your document to setup an environment, so far I have two
> issues, hope you could help out.
> 1. the Linux bridge driver is install/loaded during the install
> process. I tried to remove it by add it into modprobe blacklist,
> but it is still installed after reboot.
>
>
> We don't care about it, we use OVS bridging.
In the INSTALL.Linux file that comes with OVS source code, it has
following comments:
**********************************************************************************
The Open vSwitch datapath requires bridging support
(CONFIG_BRIDGE) to be built as a kernel module. (This is common
in kernels provided by Linux distributions.) The bridge module
must not be loaded or in use. If the bridge module is running
(check with "lsmod | grep bridge"), you must remove it ("rmmod
bridge") before starting the datapath.
********************************************************************************
Anyway, I have find out how to remove bridge and stp. Just use following
commands:

# virsh net-destroy default
# virsh net-autostart --disable default


>
> 2. I can start quantum-server manually without any problem, but it
> will fall if it is auto started during system boot up.
>
>
> Do you have logs files ?
>
Do you know how to turn on the log for quantum-server? I did not find
anything in /var/log/quantum.

Thx
Yi


emilien.macchi at stackops

May 18, 2012, 10:51 AM

Post #18 of 20 (921 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

Hi,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Yi Sun <beyounn [at] gmail> wrote:

> On 05/18/2012 03:44 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>
> Yi,
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Yi Sun <beyounn [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Emilien,
>> I'm using your document to setup an environment, so far I have two
>> issues, hope you could help out.
>> 1. the Linux bridge driver is install/loaded during the install process.
>> I tried to remove it by add it into modprobe blacklist, but it is still
>> installed after reboot.
>>
>
> We don't care about it, we use OVS bridging.
>
> In the INSTALL.Linux file that comes with OVS source code, it has
> following comments:
>
> **********************************************************************************
> The Open vSwitch datapath requires bridging support
> (CONFIG_BRIDGE) to be built as a kernel module. (This is common
> in kernels provided by Linux distributions.) The bridge module
> must not be loaded or in use. If the bridge module is running
> (check with "lsmod | grep bridge"), you must remove it ("rmmod
> bridge") before starting the datapath.
>
> ********************************************************************************
> Anyway, I have find out how to remove bridge and stp. Just use following
> commands:
>
> # virsh net-destroy default
> # virsh net-autostart --disable default
>
> Ok. Thank's for information.



>
>
> 2. I can start quantum-server manually without any problem, but it will
>> fall if it is auto started during system boot up.
>>
>
You should modify the init script with
--*logfile*=/var/log/quantum/quantum-server.log
flag.

Regards




> Do you have logs files ?
>
> Do you know how to turn on the log for quantum-server? I did not find
> anything in /var/log/quantum.
>
> Thx
> Yi
>



--
Emilien Macchi
*SysAdmin (Intern)*
*www.stackops.com* | emilien.macchi [at] stackops** | skype:memilien69
*

*

******************** ADVERTENCIA LEGAL ********************
Le informamos, como destinatario de este mensaje, que el correo electrnico
y las comunicaciones por medio de Internet no permiten asegurar ni
garantizar la confidencialidad de los mensajes transmitidos, as como
tampoco su integridad o su correcta recepcin, por lo que STACKOPS
TECHNOLOGIES S.L. no asume responsabilidad alguna por tales circunstancias.
Si no consintiese en la utilizacin del correo electrnico o de las
comunicaciones va Internet le rogamos nos lo comunique y ponga en nuestro
conocimiento de manera inmediata. Este mensaje va dirigido, de manera
exclusiva, a su destinatario y contiene informacin confidencial y sujeta
al secreto profesional, cuya divulgacin no est permitida por la ley. En
caso de haber recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que, de forma
inmediata, nos lo comunique mediante correo electrnico remitido a nuestra
atencin y proceda a su eliminacin, as como a la de cualquier documento
adjunto al mismo. Asimismo, le comunicamos que la distribucin, copia o
utilizacin de este mensaje, o de cualquier documento adjunto al mismo,
cualquiera que fuera su finalidad, estn prohibidas por la ley.

***************** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL ****************
We hereby inform you, as addressee of this message, that e-mail and
Internet do not guarantee the confidentiality, nor the completeness or
proper reception of the messages sent and, thus, STACKOPS TECHNOLOGIES S.L.
does not assume any liability for those circumstances. Should you not agree
to the use of e-mail or to communications via Internet, you are kindly
requested to notify us immediately. This message is intended exclusively
for the person to whom it is addressed and contains privileged and
confidential information protected from disclosure by law. If you are not
the addressee indicated in this message, you should immediately delete it
and any attachments and notify the sender by reply e-mail. In such case,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message or any attachments, for any purpose, is strictly
prohibited by law.


beyounn at gmail

May 18, 2012, 11:13 AM

Post #19 of 20 (895 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

On 05/18/2012 10:51 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>
>
>>
>> 2. I can start quantum-server manually without any problem,
>> but it will fall if it is auto started during system boot up.
>>
>
> You should modify the init script with
> --/logfile/=/var/log/quantum/quantum-server.log flag.
Ok, let me give it a try. thanks
Yi


beyounn at gmail

May 18, 2012, 11:17 AM

Post #20 of 20 (892 views)
Permalink
Re: Openstack Essex - Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 [In reply to]

BTW-- now, I got a new problem:
1. the network is up
2. VM is up.

But I can not access the VM through anything (now console, vnc and
network). I saw you have sent another e-mail for the interface issue
inside VM. How did you access the VM console?
Thanks
Yi


On 05/18/2012 10:51 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>
>
>>
>> 2. I can start quantum-server manually without any problem,
>> but it will fall if it is auto started during system boot up.
>>
>
> You should modify the init script with
> --/logfile/=/var/log/quantum/quantum-server.log flag.

OpenStack dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.