Or is it just show whatever u want for the template (if anything)?

Thx!

stefano at openstack

Re: Templates for slides? [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 17:21 -0700, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Are there any good powerpoint/keynote templates for slides that should
> be used for the conference/summit (ie with openstack branding??)
>
> Or is it just show whatever u want for the template (if anything)?

All speakers *for the conference* should be in contact with Laura Beck
(I'll email you privately later with her email): she is your go-to point
for all questions about logistics at the conference.

For the summit, I don't think the standard is: use what you're familiar
with :)

/stef

Caitlin.Bestler at nexenta

Re: Templates for slides? [In reply to]

Stefano Marfuli wrote:

> For the summit, I don't think the standard is: use what you're familiar with :)

Speaking from experience here, don't forget to remove the "XYZ Company Confidential" from your template though.

mikeyp at lahondaresearch

Re: Templates for slides? [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano [at] openstack> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 17:21 -0700, Joshua Harlow wrote:
>> Are there any good powerpoint/keynote templates for slides that should
>> be used for the conference/summit (ie with openstack branding??)
>>
>> Or is it just show whatever u want for the template (if anything)?
>
> All speakers *for the conference* should be in contact with Laura Beck
> (I'll email you privately later with her email): she is your go-to point
> for all questions about logistics at the conference.
>
> For the summit, I don't think the standard is: use what you're familiar
> with :)

For the benefit of those of us who only know how to use text editors,
I just pushed an OpenStack themed template based on docutils / S5 to
my github repository. Feel free to use or modify it:

https://github.com/lhrc-mikeyp/Presentations/tree/master/OpenStackTemplate

tl;dr; Summary:

edit the presentation.rest file, and run rst2s5.py to generate
the slides. More details in the readme.

mike