Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Users

ssh and x11 - repost

OpenSSH users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

aurfalien at gmail

Feb 24, 2010, 4:19 PM

ssh and x11 - repost

Hi all,

I'm using openssh 4.3 on Centos 5.3.

My problem is this;

I can ssh to localhost and then run an X app like so;

ssh localhost
img_disp

However if I do this in the same line;

ssh localhost img_disp

Nothing happens. Running ps shows the app but nothing on my display.

ssh -X has no effect.

I can run other X11 apps like so;

ssh localhost maya

or ssh localhost shake

However img_disp seems to do something else with the display.

Is there a particular sshd.conf setting I need to have for this to work?

Thanks in advance,

- aurf

aurfalien at gmail

Feb 25, 2010, 2:10 PM

Re: ssh and x11 - repost - FIX'd [In reply to]

Hi all,

Just in case any one experiences this problem, run ssh with the -t
option.

ex;

ssh -t remotehost program

If you then get a pseudo terminal error, do;

ssh -t -t remotehost program

The man page of ssh states that this will force force tty allocation
if when ssh has no local tty which is what I do when;

ssh remotehost imf_disp

- aurf