Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Dev

Question about -b mode of sftp(1) and auto-chdir behaviour

OpenSSH dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sdaoden at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 11:49 AM

Question about -b mode of sftp(1) and auto-chdir behaviour

Hello,
i'm curious to know wether the automatic chdir behaviour of sftp(1)
in batch mode is a side-effect of the current implementation, or
if it's instead a regular feature. And, if it's indeed the latter,
wether there is any compatibility problem if one would actually
rely on it?
I'll attach a copy+paste diff to document this nice feature in
sftp.1, just for the hoped-for case.
Thank you! ..and ciao,

--steffen
Attachments: sftp.1.diff (0.28 KB)

sdaoden at gmail

Aug 25, 2012, 5:39 AM

Re: Question about -b mode of sftp(1) and auto-chdir behaviour [In reply to]

|Hello,
|i'm curious to know wether the automatic chdir behaviour of sftp(1)
|in batch mode is a side-effect of the current implementation, or
|if it's instead a regular feature. And, if it's indeed the latter,
|wether there is any compatibility problem if one would actually
|rely on it?
|I'll attach a copy+paste diff to document this nice feature in
|sftp.1, just for the hoped-for case.
|Thank you! ..and ciao,

|--steffen

Well, it seems that those are nice but wanted side effects from
before start:

|?146%2[steffen [at] sherwoo openssh.hg]$ hg s-log -r 5792
|| Rev: || 5792:ddc05befc083
|| Auth: djm
|| Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:22:00 +0000

|- djm [at] cvs 2004/01/27 10:08:10
| [sftp.c]
| reorder parsing so user:skey [at] hos:file works (bugzilla #777)
| patch from admorten AT umich.edu; ok markus@
|
|?0%2[steffen [at] sherwoo openssh.hg]$ hg s-log -r 5877
|| Rev: || 5877:6e27a7ce8139
|| Auth: djm
|| Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:30:55 +0000

|- djm [at] cvs 2004/02/17 11:03:08
| [sftp.c]
| sftp.c and sftp-int.c, together at last; ok markus@

Great if that would be documented...
Btw. i've recognized that, when ssh is used with -M option,
other sessions inherit the PW entry of that session. Happens
that i've changed the shell via 'chpass -s' due to debugging
and the new login still presented the old shell. grep(1)ping
for pw_(chan|expi) in openssh.hg didn't helped so much.
Shouldn't this (GNU configure is the one which triggers the
most when grep(1)ed) be taken into account even under Control*?
I still haven't read the SSH related RFCs, and it seems that
a connection is heavily related with PW stuff, on the other hand.
Thanks and ciao,

--steffen