Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Dev

Rgd. publick key authentication failure in Win2003 !!

OpenSSH dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

hareesh.dasari at huawei

Aug 8, 2012, 9:24 PM

Rgd. publick key authentication failure in Win2003 !!

Hello OpenSSH team,

First of all thanks for your OpenSSH tool which helped us a lot in testing our SSH-SFTP client applications. Your tool is developed as per the standards and we suggested the same to our customers also to use with our client applications.

Actually now I am facing some problem when I try to connect to OpenSSH server installed in Win2003 using Public key authentication. But surprisingly password authentication is succeeded always.

Can you please let me know if there are any specific steps to be followed while configuring the server in Win2003 w.r.t public key authentication. Currently I am using OpenSSH4.3P2 version.

Thanks in advance !!

With Thanks and Regards,
Hareesh D.
Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd. , Bangalore
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

peter at stuge

Aug 9, 2012, 6:06 AM

Re: Rgd. publick key authentication failure in Win2003 !! [In reply to]

Hareesh dasari wrote:
> Can you please let me know if there are any specific steps to be
> followed while configuring the server in Win2003 w.r.t public key
> authentication.

The way this works is that you show the error messages and get help
interpret what the problem in the system is.

> Currently I am using OpenSSH4.3P2 version.

This version is ancient and may have security problems. It certainly
has bugs which have been fixed since then, and which may or may not
affect you. You need to study if you can really afford your company
to use so old software.

> This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information

Yet you send the email to a public mailing list. That is confusing.

If you want to participate in the public discussion then you must
talk to your management about how you can send email which is not
mindlessly marked confidential. Many other large companies have
mastered to do this successfully already.

//Peter