Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Dev

ControlMaster, scp and current working directory

 

 

OpenSSH dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


mattieu.b at gmail

May 31, 2012, 2:56 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1446 views)
Permalink
ControlMaster, scp and current working directory

Hi,

It seems there is a problem regarding ControlMaster and scp'ing a file
depending on the current working directory:

$ cd ~/Personnel
$ scp -o ControlMaster=yes cox.jpg host.local:
muxserver_listen bind(): No such file or directory
lost connection
$ scp -o ControlMaster=no cox.jpg host.local:
cox.jpg 100% 222KB 222.1KB/s 00:00
$ cd
$ scp -o ControlMaster=yes Personnel/cox.jpg host.local:
cox.jpg 100% 222KB 222.1KB/s 00:00
$ scp -o ControlMaster=no Personnel/cox.jpg host.local:
cox.jpg 100% 222KB 222.1KB/s 00:00

This is on OpenBSD -current/amd64.


Regards,
--
Mattieu Baptiste
"/earth is 102% full ... please delete anyone you can."
_______________________________________________
openssh-unix-dev mailing list
openssh-unix-dev [at] mindrot
https://lists.mindrot.org/mailman/listinfo/openssh-unix-dev


bert.wesarg at googlemail

May 31, 2012, 3:22 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1405 views)
Permalink
Re: ControlMaster, scp and current working directory [In reply to]

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Mattieu Baptiste <mattieu.b [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems there is a problem regarding ControlMaster and scp'ing a file
> depending on the current working directory:
>
> $ cd ~/Personnel
> $ scp -o ControlMaster=yes cox.jpg host.local:
> muxserver_listen bind(): No such file or directory
> lost connection
> $ scp -o ControlMaster=no cox.jpg host.local:
> cox.jpg                                          100%  222KB 222.1KB/s   00:00
> $ cd
> $ scp -o ControlMaster=yes Personnel/cox.jpg host.local:
> cox.jpg                                          100%  222KB 222.1KB/s   00:00
> $ scp -o ControlMaster=no Personnel/cox.jpg host.local:
> cox.jpg                                          100%  222KB 222.1KB/s   00:00
>

What is the value of your ControlPath? By default it is not set, and
therefore multiplexing is disabled.

Thanks.

Bert

> This is on OpenBSD -current/amd64.
>
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mattieu Baptiste
_______________________________________________
openssh-unix-dev mailing list
openssh-unix-dev [at] mindrot
https://lists.mindrot.org/mailman/listinfo/openssh-unix-dev


mattieu.b at gmail

May 31, 2012, 6:35 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1406 views)
Permalink
Re: ControlMaster, scp and current working directory [In reply to]

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Bert Wesarg
<bert.wesarg [at] googlemail> wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Mattieu Baptiste <mattieu.b [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems there is a problem regarding ControlMaster and scp'ing a file
>> depending on the current working directory:
>>
>> $ cd ~/Personnel
>> $ scp -o ControlMaster=yes cox.jpg host.local:
>> muxserver_listen bind(): No such file or directory
>> lost connection
>> $ scp -o ControlMaster=no cox.jpg host.local:
>> cox.jpg 100% 222KB 222.1KB/s 00:00
>> $ cd
>> $ scp -o ControlMaster=yes Personnel/cox.jpg host.local:
>> cox.jpg 100% 222KB 222.1KB/s 00:00
>> $ scp -o ControlMaster=no Personnel/cox.jpg host.local:
>> cox.jpg 100% 222KB 222.1KB/s 00:00
>>
>
> What is the value of your ControlPath? By default it is not set, and
> therefore multiplexing is disabled.

Thanks, that was my mistake. ControlPath was set to
".ssh/sockets/%r@%h:%p" which was only valid in my home directory.

--
Mattieu Baptiste
"/earth is 102% full ... please delete anyone you can."
_______________________________________________
openssh-unix-dev mailing list
openssh-unix-dev [at] mindrot
https://lists.mindrot.org/mailman/listinfo/openssh-unix-dev

OpenSSH dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.