Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Dev
Re: percent_expand for QoS in ControlPath

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

slovichon at gmail

Mar 30, 2012, 12:22 AM

Re: percent_expand for QoS in ControlPath [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 09:25:10AM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:

> packets, interactive session won't become laggy, but in ControlMaster
> it will. And I don't understand how it could be solved, as TCP
> guarantees at kernel level ordering of packets, so even if your ADSL
> CPE reorders the packets and sends the high priority interactive ssh
> packets first the remote host kernel will not give them to userland
> until original order has restored, essentially rendering the
> prioritization done in the ADSL CPE useless.

That is why I suggested two separate sockets.

This would mean ordering was maintained only down to the socket level, no?

Host host
ControlPath ~/.ssh/ctlsock/%h.%Q
$ ssh host # this creates ~/.ssh/ctlsock/host.lowdelay
$ scp file host: # this creates ~/.ssh/ctlsock/host.throughput

All subsequent bulk transfers will use the 'throughput' socket, and likewise for
interactive to 'lowdelay'.

Am I mistaken?