Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Dev

Fingerprint mismatch upon cvs update

OpenSSH dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sdaoden at googlemail

Sep 28, 2011, 4:29 AM

Fingerprint mismatch upon cvs update

Hello,

a moment ago i got this:

: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
: @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
: IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
: Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
: It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
: The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
: 37:ff:ba:69:2c:a5:ec:a0:16:34:9c:2b:0f:c7:2b:6d.
: Please contact your system administrator.
: Add correct host key in /Users/steffen/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
: Offending key in /Users/steffen/.ssh/known_hosts:6
: RSA host key for anoncvs.mindrot.org has changed and you have requested strict checking.
: Host key verification failed.
: cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

And i wanted to ask wether the fingerprint from
http://openssh.org/portable.html is still valid.
Can someone confirm the above is not, please?
Thanks a lot!

--steffen

djm at mindrot

Sep 28, 2011, 6:09 PM

Re: Fingerprint mismatch upon cvs update [In reply to]

should be fixed - thanks for letting me know