Mailing List Archive: OpenSSH: Dev

SRP for OpenSSH

OpenSSH dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

albert.strasheim at gmail

Jan 21, 2011, 10:29 PM

SRP for OpenSSH

Hello all

Support for Secure Remote Password (SRP) for OpenSSH was last discussed in 2004:

http://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&w=2&r=1&s=SRP&q=b

There's a SRP patch for OpenSSL that's about 2 years in the making:

http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1794

Tom Wu from Stanford has been working on that.

Has anything changed since 2004 that would make inclusion of SRP in
OpenSSH possible now?

Regards

Albert

mfriedl at gmail

Jan 23, 2011, 10:14 AM

Re: SRP for OpenSSH [In reply to]

OpenSSH already has jpake support.

-m

On Saturday, January 22, 2011, Albert Strasheim
<albert.strasheim [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Support for Secure Remote Password (SRP) for OpenSSH was last discussed in 2004:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&w=2&r=1&s=SRP&q=b
>
> There's a SRP patch for OpenSSL that's about 2 years in the making:
>
> http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1794
>
> Tom Wu from Stanford has been working on that.
>
> Has anything changed since 2004 that would make inclusion of SRP in
> OpenSSH possible now?
>
> Regards
>
> Albert

albert.strasheim at gmail

Jan 23, 2011, 11:04 AM

Re: SRP for OpenSSH [In reply to]

Hello

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Markus Friedl <mfriedl [at] gmail> wrote:
> OpenSSH already has jpake support.

Have the concerns about JPAKE mentioned in the comments in this blog:

http://rdist.root.org/2010/09/08/clench-is-inferior-to-tlssrp/

been resolved?

For example: "The JPAKE in OpenSSH is unfinished and I donít recommend
enabling it".

Regards

Albert