Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

Possible bug?

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Richard.Parvass at ReckittBenckiser

Oct 10, 2001, 8:49 AM

Possible bug?

Hi

On the Global Stats page, I'm getting the following listed:

Average 3.1 Mbps 220676416143542272.0 Pkts/sec

That seems an awful lot to me ;)

Regards

Richard

deri at ntop

Jun 15, 2010, 2:27 PM

Re: Possible bug? [In reply to]

Alan
can you please update to the code that's in SVN and see if the problem persists?

Thanks Luca

On Jun 15, 2010, at 9:44 PM, <Alan.Seales [at] thomsonreuters> <Alan.Seales [at] thomsonreuters> wrote:

> Hey everyone, I just installed Ntop v3.4-pre3 on CentOS 5.5. I had no problems during installation and all libraries and dependencies seemed to install fine. When I start Ntop using “/usr/local/bin/ntop -i "eth0,eth1" -d -L -u ntop -P /usr/local/var/ntop --skip-version-check --use-syslog=daemon” the gdbm databases initialize and all seems fine. However, as soon as I try to gohttp://servername:3000 I get the following error:
>
> GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:135: failed to allocate 4294967296 bytes
> aborting...
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this a possible bug with this new version? Please keep in mind I am a Linux newbie.
>
> Alan
>

> This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters._______________________________________________
> Ntop mailing list
> Ntop [at] listgateway

---

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. - Brian W. Kernighan

deri at ntop

Jun 15, 2010, 2:27 PM

Re: Possible bug? [In reply to]

Alan
can you please update to the code that's in SVN and see if the problem persists?

Thanks Luca

On Jun 15, 2010, at 9:44 PM, <Alan.Seales [at] thomsonreuters> <Alan.Seales [at] thomsonreuters> wrote:

> Hey everyone, I just installed Ntop v3.4-pre3 on CentOS 5.5. I had no problems during installation and all libraries and dependencies seemed to install fine. When I start Ntop using “/usr/local/bin/ntop -i "eth0,eth1" -d -L -u ntop -P /usr/local/var/ntop --skip-version-check --use-syslog=daemon” the gdbm databases initialize and all seems fine. However, as soon as I try to gohttp://servername:3000 I get the following error:
>
> GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:135: failed to allocate 4294967296 bytes
> aborting...
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this a possible bug with this new version? Please keep in mind I am a Linux newbie.
>
> Alan
>

> This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters._______________________________________________
> Ntop mailing list
> Ntop [at] listgateway

---