Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

libpcap missing _pcap_version

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wade-williams at home

libpcap missing _pcap_version

I'm trying to make ntop (latest sources checked out from CVS) on
Darwin / MacOS X.

gdbm is installed, and libpcap (latest version obtained from
www.tcpdump.org) is compiled and installed.

However, during the make for ntop, I get:

cc -g -O2 -pipe -o ntop main.o .libs/libntopreport.a -lm -lpcap
-lpthread -lm .libs/libntop.a -lgdbm -lpcap -lpthread -lm -lpcap
-lpthread -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_pcap_version
make[2]: *** [ntop] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Anyone seen this before? (If possible, please reply-all since I'm not
subscribed to the list)

Thanks,

Wade

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded