Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

ANNOUNCE: ntop 5.0

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

deri at ntop

Jul 17, 2012, 5:05 PM

ANNOUNCE: ntop 5.0

Dear all,
after almost a year of work, a brand new stable ntop release is out. Please read http://www.ntop.org/ntop/ntop-5-0-released/ for details and report us bugs and your feedback about this new release.

Enjoy, Luca

prost.pierrick at gmail

Jul 18, 2012, 1:36 AM

Re: ANNOUNCE: ntop 5.0 [In reply to]

Hy, i'm actually testing Ntop 5 stable for monitoring my Wan Input/Output
traffic.

My config:

- fedora 17
- Ntop 5-0
- 2 interfaces on promisc mode (1 for input Wan trafic and 1 for Output Wan
trafic)
- Ntop run with options " -M -i em1,p1p1 "
- I configure "-m" option by web inferface with my local subnet
("192.168.1.0")

*First Question:* How can i know if nDPI works great ? I just see during
Ntop install a nDPI downloading line.
*
*
*Second Question :* How can i remove "*No data to display (yet)*" errors ?

Ntop looks working great but i have a lot of reports with "*No data to
display (yet)*" and two "*404 error*" ..it's strange:

Summary => Traffic => Application Protocol ( very important for my
monitoring)

All Protocols => To Talkers => Last Day
All Protocols => To Talkers => Historical (404 error)

IP => Summary => Multicast
IP => Summary => Internet Domain
IP => Summary => networks
IP => Summary => Distribution ( 404 error)

IP=> Traffic Direction =>Local to Local
IP=> Traffic Direction => Local to Remote
IP=> Traffic Direction => Remote to local

IP=>Local=> Ports Used

thanks in advance.

pierrick

2012/7/18 Luca Deri <deri [at] ntop>

> Dear all,
> after almost a year of work, a brand new stable ntop release is out.
> Please read http://www.ntop.org/ntop/ntop-5-0-released/ for details and
> report us bugs and your feedback about this new release.
>
> Enjoy, Luca

Prost Pierrick

Prost.pierrick [at] gmail
Cell Phone : 514-632-7173
Skype : prostpierrick

deri at ntop

Jul 18, 2012, 10:35 AM

Re: ANNOUNCE: ntop 5.0 [In reply to]

Hi Pierrick

On Jul 18, 2012, at 10:36 AM, pierrick prost wrote:

> Hy, i'm actually testing Ntop 5 stable for monitoring my Wan Input/Output traffic.
>
> My config:
>
> - fedora 17
> - Ntop 5-0
> - 2 interfaces on promisc mode (1 for input Wan trafic and 1 for Output Wan trafic)
> - Ntop run with options " -M -i em1,p1p1 "
> - I configure "-m" option by web inferface with my local subnet ("192.168.1.0")
>
> First Question: How can i know if nDPI works great ? I just see during Ntop install a nDPI downloading line.
You should see protocols detected by ntop when you see active sessions

> Second Question : How can i remove "No data to display (yet)" errors ?
>
> Ntop looks working great but i have a lot of reports with "No data to display (yet)" and two "404 error" ..it's strange:

Can you please send me the urls? Are only those reported below?

Luca

> Summary => Traffic => Application Protocol ( very important for my monitoring)
>
> All Protocols => To Talkers => Last Day
> All Protocols => To Talkers => Historical (404 error)
>
> IP => Summary => Multicast
> IP => Summary => Internet Domain
> IP => Summary => networks
> IP => Summary => Distribution ( 404 error)
>
> IP=> Traffic Direction =>Local to Local
> IP=> Traffic Direction => Local to Remote
> IP=> Traffic Direction => Remote to local
>
> IP=>Local=> Ports Used
>

> thanks in advance.
>
> pierrick
>
> 2012/7/18 Luca Deri <deri [at] ntop>
> Dear all,
> after almost a year of work, a brand new stable ntop release is out. Please read http://www.ntop.org/ntop/ntop-5-0-released/ for details and report us bugs and your feedback about this new release.
>
> Enjoy, Luca

> Prost Pierrick
>
> Prost.pierrick [at] gmail
> Cell Phone : 514-632-7173
> Skype : prostpierrick

---
Why join the Navy . . . if you can be a pirate? - Steve Jobs

prost.pierrick at gmail

Jul 18, 2012, 10:42 PM

Re: ANNOUNCE: ntop 5.0 [In reply to]

Hi Luca,
after one night analizing WAN traffic, here is my result :

Everything works great exectp :

- Summary => traffic => Application Protocols => "No Data To Display (YET) "

- All protocols => All talkers => Historical :

***************************************************************************************************************************
The server cannot find the requested page (page expired or ntop
configuration ?).

Received request:

"GET /historicalTalkers.html HTTP/1.1"

This feature is not YET available on your platform: we're working for you

***************************************************************************************************************************

- IP => Summary =>Distribution Page:

***************************************************************************************************************************

Error 404
The server cannot find the requested page (page expired or ntop
configuration ?).

Received request:

"GET /ipProtoDistrib.html HTTP/1.1"

Warning

ntop does not currently have any information about host ipProtoDistrib [
Whois ] .

This is most likely because the host information has been purged as
inactive. You may wish to consider the -c | --sticky-hosts option, although
that option may substantially increase memory requirements.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Most important for me is to see "application layer " of WAN traffic, have
you any idea why the repport is Empty ?

Thanks Luca

ntop at ale

Jul 21, 2012, 10:21 AM

Re: ANNOUNCE: ntop 5.0 [In reply to]

Looking good. I had to rm -rf /usr/local/var/ntop/* as it was causing
lots of

**WARNING** Internal error: protocol overflow [151/149]

to be logged.

alexd