Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

[NTOP]: Netflow Interfaces produces empty "Local Network Traffic Maps"

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

emanuele.mandaglio at teknesi

[NTOP]: Netflow Interfaces produces empty "Local Network Traffic Maps"

Hi,
I use ntop to monitor routers's and riverbed's traffic using netflow. I've notice that when I switch from local eth0 interface to netflow interfaces, the Local Network Traffic Maps produce empty graph.
I've set the virtual network in netflow configuration and also populate the startup option "-m" with all the local netmask.
I've also notice that the .dot files in /usr/local/var/ntop not contain any network data, but only the first line contain node information.

What can I do to made Network traffic Maps work using netflow?

Regards,

Emanuele Mandaglio

[cid:image001.jpg [at] 01CD3751]

Teknesi s.r.l.
Via del Battirame 6/3
40138 Bologna

Cell.: +39 329 1227417
Tel.: +39 051 5872275
Skype: mandaglio.teknesi
eMail: emanuele.mandaglio [at] teknesi<mailto:emanuele.mandaglio [at] teknesi>
Portale: www.teknesi.com<http://www.teknesi.com/>

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali e riservati. Se vi stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i destinatari elencati, siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al mittente. Le informazioni contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, n utilizzate, memorizzate o copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain reserved information. If you are not one of the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you should not disclose the contents to any other persons, nor should the information contained be used for any purpose or stored or copied in any form.
Attachments: image001.jpg (2.44 KB)

yuri at ntop

Re: [NTOP]: Netflow Interfaces produces empty "Local Network Traffic Maps" [In reply to]

do you have any error log trace on the console?
Regards, Yuri
Yuri Francalacci - yuri [at] ntop - http://www.ntop.org
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

Re: [NTOP]: Netflow Interfaces produces empty "Local Network Traffic Maps" [In reply to]

I don't have any error log. When I switch the NIC to eth0 the "Local Network Traffic Maps" works fine, produce graph and populate the .dot files.

Regards,

Emanuele Mandaglio

[cid:image001.jpg [at] 01CD3755]