Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

Installing Monit to monitor ntop

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

joesox at gmail

Jan 6, 2012, 8:25 AM

Installing Monit to monitor ntop

I am guessing most of you heard of Monit http://mmonit.com/monit/
but I recently decided to use it to monitor ntop and keep it alive
(since I am one of the users that experience the "kernel: device eth0
entered promiscuous mode" unstable crashing).
I have had it installed for only a day so far but ntop has stayed
alive for me. So far so good. below are the steps I did to install it.
Some might find the ntop config for the Services section useful.

http://jps-3.blogspot.com/2012/01/installing-monit-to-monitor-ntop.html

--
Thanks, Joe