Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

NTOP history.

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

grant at xtranetsa

Nov 8, 2011, 6:40 AM

NTOP history.

Hi all,

I have NTOP installed and running at a number of clients on CENTOS servers.
The issue I am having is that NTOP by default only reflects usage
continuously for the period it is running, and does not reflect any data
from the previous session after a restart. Is there any way to reflect data
based on a date / time range with NTOP - i.e. so that we can refer to a
specific hosts usage from any time in the past on an hourly / daily / weekly
basis if required and generate reports for this host?

Kind regards

Grant Pasley

Xtranet Internet Services

office: 087 150 0900

fax: 086 688 2528

cell: 083 304 4450

<http://www.xtranet.co.za/> www.xtranet.co.za

Burton at ntopSupport

Nov 8, 2011, 7:15 AM

Re: NTOP history. [In reply to]

rrd

Read the man page, faq, 100s of the same question every year.

-----Burton

Quotation # 12 If the first person who answers the phone can't answer your
question, it's a bureaucracy.

I have NTOP installed and running at a number of clients on CENTOS servers.
The issue I am having is that NTOP by default only reflects usage
continuously for the period it is running, and does not reflect any data
from the previous session after a restart. Is there any way to reflect data
based on a date / time range with NTOP - i.e. so that we can refer to a
specific hosts usage from any time in the past on an hourly / daily / weekly
basis if required and generate reports for this host?

Kind regards

Grant Pasley

Xtranet Internet Services

office: 087 150 0900

fax: 086 688 2528

cell: 083 304 4450

www.xtranet.co.za <http://www.xtranet.co.za/>

ntop at ale

Nov 8, 2011, 7:15 AM

Re: NTOP history. [In reply to]

On 08.11.2011 14:40, Grant Pasley wrote:
> Is there any way to reflect data based on a date / time range with
> NTOP

Not with ntop as it stands. Some have implemented little hacks, eg
using wget from a cron job to pull down pages of interest periodically.

There was some database storage code that rotted and got pulled. Luca
says he's focusing more on ntop development at the moment, so perhaps
this is something we'll see in the future? It's certainly an
oft-requested feature.

alexd

Ggatten at waddell

Nov 8, 2011, 7:19 AM