Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users
Netflow V9 Mac-Addresses & Ntop ?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

olly.lawrence at gmail

Oct 11, 2011, 11:28 AM

Netflow V9 Mac-Addresses & Ntop ?

Hi All,

I am using Ntop (4.1) to monitor a number of routers that sit between networks of users and the internet this works just fine.

However its possible to get Cisco routers to export Mac-addresses details in there Netflow V9 exports and i can verify this by looking at the flow packets in WireShark.

But Ntop doesn't seem to display the Mac-Addresses ? Am i missing a configuration option or is this simply not supported by Ntop. This would be a nice thing for me to have as it would make it easier on the Local support teams to fine misbehaving machines.

Regards

-Olly