Mailing List Archive: NTop: Users

Issue with running Ntop on linux (Centos 5)

NTop users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

SRelf at omniture

Sep 14, 2007, 6:49 AM

Issue with running Ntop on linux (Centos 5)

Hi all,

I have compiled ntop using the latest version. It compiled fine and
installed fine, now when I try to run I get the following error.

ntop: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libntop-3.3.3.so: cannot restore segment prot after
reloc: Permission denied

Any one got any idea, cos im stumped.

Rgds

Steve

Stefan.Radman at CTBTO

Sep 14, 2007, 9:51 AM

RE: Issue with running Ntop on linux (Centos 5) [In reply to]

Hi Steven,

you can either disable SELinux (if you're sure you can live without it)

/etc/sysconfig/selinux:
SELINUX=disabled

or change the SELinux security context of the library file

/usr/bin/chcon system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
/usr/local/lib/libntop-3.3.3.so

Cheers
Stefan

________________________________

I have compiled ntop using the latest version. It compiled fine
and installed fine, now when I try to run I get the following error.

ntop: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libntop-3.3.3.so: cannot restore segment prot after
reloc: Permission denied

Any one got any idea, cos im stumped.

Rgds

Steve

SRelf at omniture

Sep 14, 2007, 1:38 PM

RE: Issue with running Ntop on linux (Centos 5) [In reply to]

Stefen,

You sir are a prince, thanks for your help, i would never had worked that out on my own. only my 2nd day of using linux.

Again thanks.

sTeve