Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

Could anyone know how to use pf_ring in general socket programming?

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

yummy.bian at gmail

Could anyone know how to use pf_ring in general socket programming?

hi,
In order to improve the performance of legacy code(reduce one copy). I just
would like to modify them as less as possible, so i don't want to use
function such as pfring_xxx. And how to create general TCP socket?I wrote
one as show below,but it failed.
fd = socket(PF_SOCK, SOCK_STREAM, htons(ETH_P_ALL))
It's ok If i use SOCK_RAW replace of SOCK_STREAM.Why?
Besides of socket(), are three any function need to do some modification?

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded