Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

kng180 at gmail

mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen

Hi,

I found this problem"mmap() failed:/try/ with a/smaller snaplen/" (currently set to 65535) when open the pf_ring with multichannel. It works on a 64 bit redhat linux but failed on a 32bit centos. I am not sure if they are related.

insmod path_to_ring/ring.ko bucket_len=1600

I tried to load the pf_ring with option bucket_len=1600, but it is failed to load

How could I solve the this problem?

Cheers,
Ken

deri at ntop

Re: mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen [In reply to]

Ken
the bucket_len option is no longer used: you set the snaplen opening the PF_RING ring.

I just tried "insmod ./pf_ring.ko" on my Ubuntu 12.04 i386 and it works. Please use the SVN code and let us know.

Thanks Luca

On May 9, 2012, at 11:02 AM, kng180 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found this problem "mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen" (currently set to 65535) when open the pf_ring with multichannel. It works on a 64 bit redhat linux but failed on a 32bit centos. I am not sure if they are related.
>
> insmod path_to_ring/ring.ko bucket_len=1600
>
> I tried to load the pf_ring with option bucket_len=1600, but it is failed to load
> How could I solve the this problem?
>
> Cheers,
> Ken

kng180 at gmail

Re: mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen [In reply to]

Hi Luca,

insmod pf_ring.ko is working, but how to solve "mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen"?

Thanks,
Ken

On 2012年5月9日, at 17:34, Luca Deri <deri [at] ntop> wrote:

> Ken
> the bucket_len option is no longer used: you set the snaplen opening the PF_RING ring.
>
> I just tried "insmod ./pf_ring.ko" on my Ubuntu 12.04 i386 and it works. Please use the SVN code and let us know.
>
> Thanks Luca
>
> On May 9, 2012, at 11:02 AM, kng180 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found this problem "mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen"(currently set to 65535) when open the pf_ring with multichannel. It works on a 64 bit redhat linux but failed on a 32bit centos. I am not sure if they are related.
>>
>> insmod path_to_ring/ring.ko bucket_len=1600
>>
>> I tried to load the pf_ring with option bucket_len=1600, but it is failed to load
>> How could I solve the this problem?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ken

deri at ntop

Re: mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen [In reply to]

On 05/09/2012 11:40 AM, kng180 wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> insmod pf_ring.ko is working, but how to solve "mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen"?
Ken
Why do you want to use 65K slots? You have not enough contiguous memory

Luca

> Thanks,
> Ken
>

> On 2012年5月9日, at 17:34, Luca Deri <deri [at] ntop> wrote:
>
>> Ken
>> the bucket_len option is no longer used: you set the snaplen opening the PF_RING ring.
>>
>> I just tried "insmod ./pf_ring.ko" on my Ubuntu 12.04 i386 and it works. Please use the SVN code and let us know.
>>
>> Thanks Luca
>>
>> On May 9, 2012, at 11:02 AM, kng180 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I found this problem "mmap() failed: try with a smaller snaplen"(currently set to 65535) when open the pf_ring with multichannel. It works on a 64 bit redhat linux but failed on a 32bit centos. I am not sure if they are related.
>>>
>>> insmod path_to_ring/ring.ko bucket_len=1600
>>>
>>> I tried to load the pf_ring with option bucket_len=1600, but it is failed to load
>>> How could I solve the this problem?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ken