Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc
Performance on pfring vs pcap

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

kng180 at gmail

Performance on pfring vs pcap

Hi All,

I am running a gateway to capture packet using PFRING and PCAP. With the
IP address both set to 0.0.0.0 on the two NICs (eth0 and eth1), a web
server connected to eth1 directly while eth0 is connected to a workstation .

When I tried to ping the web server from the workstation, the ping reply
is <1ms when using pcap, however the reply become 900ms when using pfring.

Is there any idea?

Thanks,
Ken