Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc
nProbe plugin problem after upgrading to nProbe 6.9.2

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

kpmceachern at gmail

Mar 19, 2012, 11:02 AM

nProbe plugin problem after upgrading to nProbe 6.9.2

Hi,

I have an nProbe plugin that adds a custom 4-byte numeric field to flow
records (NetFlow v9). It works fine in nprobe_6.7.3_122311_pro but is not
working in nprobe_6.9.2_021712_pro. The symptom is that some flow records
are exported with the custom field set correctly, but many are exported
with a zero value and the plugin's PluginExportFctn is not being called. I
investigated and found that in 6.7.3 there are always 2 templates (IPv4,
IPv6) created, whether the plugin is present or not. In 6.9.2 there are 4
templates created when the plugin is present: 2 containing the custom field
and two without it. It looks like many of the flow records are being
exported using the templates than don't contain the custom field.

I think my plugin code is okay but I'd like to confirm given the plugin API
slightly changed in 6.9.2. I'm setting the 2 new fields in
V9V10TemplateElementId (isInUse, protoMode) the same as dumpPlugin.c but
also tried changing isInUse. For the 2 new fields in PluginEntryPoint
(v4TemplateIdx, v6TemplateIdx) I copied dumpPlugin.c (0, 0) but also tried
V4_TEMPLATE_INDEX, V6_TEMPLATE_INDEX and 2,3. So far I haven't found
anything that made a difference.

I'll stick with 6.7.3 for now but any insight would be much appreciated,
Karen