Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

Last svn patch.

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bbehrens at cyberserious

Jan 16, 2012, 5:09 AM

Last svn patch.

Luca,

I noticed you changed my u_int back to int in prefs.c. I had to change this because I could not get the max sessions, max hash above 65535. Did you find somewhere else that fixes this issue?

--Brian

deri at ntop

Jan 16, 2012, 5:22 AM

Re: Last svn patch. [In reply to]

Brian
I did that change because the compiler (it was right) was complaining. Is this causing side effects? If so let's address them: I didn't want to break your code at all

Luca

On Jan 16, 2012, at 2:09 PM, Brian Behrens wrote:

> Luca,
>
> I noticed you changed my u_int back to int in prefs.c. I had to change this because I could not get the max sessions, max hash above 65535. Did you find somewhere else that fixes this issue?
>
> --Brian

bbehrens at cyberserious

Jan 16, 2012, 5:33 AM

Re: Last svn patch. [In reply to]

I understand, guess sometimes the compiles go by so fast on my machine I miss stuff. I will keep an eye on it, I just re-built it and on the config status screen it shows the correct values for -x and -X. I have it running on the high traffic network now, its only seen a max of 52495 active sessions. Will let you know if it tops out and cannot get passed 65535.

--Brian

________________________________
I did that change because the compiler (it was right) was complaining. Is this causing side effects? If so let's address them: I didn't want to break your code at all

Luca

I noticed you changed my u_int back to int in prefs.c. I had to change this because I could not get the max sessions, max hash above 65535. Did you find somewhere else that fixes this issue?

--Brian

bbehrens at cyberserious

Jan 17, 2012, 4:14 AM

Re: Last svn patch. [In reply to]

Luca,

As of this morning, my one instance passed 65535 sessions, and ntop would not see more than that even though the command line is set. I will try to look through and see why this is...

--Brian

________________________________
I did that change because the compiler (it was right) was complaining. Is this causing side effects? If so let's address them: I didn't want to break your code at all

Luca

I noticed you changed my u_int back to int in prefs.c. I had to change this because I could not get the max sessions, max hash above 65535. Did you find somewhere else that fixes this issue?

--Brian

deri at ntop

Jan 17, 2012, 5:04 AM

Re: Last svn patch. [In reply to]

Brian
thanks for the update. Please let me know if you need support from my side

Cheers Luca

On 01/17/2012 01:14 PM, Brian Behrens wrote:

> Luca,
>
> As of this morning, my one instance passed 65535 sessions, and ntop
> would not see more than that even though the command line is set. I
> will try to look through and see why this is...
>
> --Brian

bbehrens at cyberserious

Jan 17, 2012, 5:10 AM

Re: Last svn patch. [In reply to]

Luca,

Thanks, I have found the issue. I am correcting it now, working on a patch and will submit it to you, probably within the hour...

--Brian

I did that change because the compiler (it was right) was complaining. Is this causing side effects? If so let's address them: I didn't want to break your code at all

Luca

I noticed you changed my u_int back to int in prefs.c. I had to change this because I could not get the max sessions, max hash above 65535. Did you find somewhere else that fixes this issue?

--Brian

deri at ntop

Jan 17, 2012, 5:12 AM

Re: Last svn patch. [In reply to]