Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

SSL issue

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bbehrens at cyberserious

Dec 8, 2011, 6:57 AM

SSL issue

Luca,

Just tried to get SSL going, and the server starts it, but when you go to access the site, it instantly segfaults out. I just tried a test build based off the svn and it also did the same. Not sure whats going on here, but the library libssl.so.10 is causing the fault in the function ntop_ssl_error_report. Its trying to generate an error, but is not getting there. Ideas?

--Brian

deri at ntop

Dec 8, 2011, 8:40 AM

Re: SSL issue [In reply to]

Brian
as soon as I find some time I need to migrate from opens to GnuTLS. I cannot reproduce this error if you can please debug it a bit so I can guess what's wrong

Thanks Luca
On Dec 8, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Brian Behrens wrote:

> Luca,
>
> Just tried to get SSL going, and the server starts it, but when you go to access the site, it instantly segfaults out. I just tried a test build based off the svn and it also did the same. Not sure whats going on here, but the library libssl.so.10 is causing the fault in the function ntop_ssl_error_report. Its trying to generate an error, but is not getting there. Ideas?
>
> --Brian

---
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

bbehrens at cyberserious

Dec 8, 2011, 10:50 AM

Re: SSL issue [In reply to]

Luca,

Line 55 of ssl.c, removal of the "-" sign before "myGlobals.newSock" corrected the issue for me.

I did browse the svn source, and made sure that minus sign was there in the tree and indeed it was.

--Brian

as soon as I find some time I need to migrate from opens to GnuTLS. I cannot reproduce this error if you can please debug it a bit so I can guess what's wrong

Thanks Luca
On Dec 8, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Brian Behrens wrote:

> Luca,
>
> Just tried to get SSL going, and the server starts it, but when you go to access the site, it instantly segfaults out. I just tried a test build based off the svn and it also did the same. Not sure whats going on here, but the library libssl.so.10 is causing the fault in the function ntop_ssl_error_report. Its trying to generate an error, but is not getting there. Ideas?
>
> --Brian

---
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

deri at ntop

Dec 8, 2011, 11:59 AM

Re: SSL issue [In reply to]

Brian
I have committed the change. I hope it works now

Thanks Luca

On Dec 8, 2011, at 7:50 PM, Brian Behrens wrote:

> Luca,
>
> Line 55 of ssl.c, removal of the "-" sign before "myGlobals.newSock" corrected the issue for me.
>
> I did browse the svn source, and made sure that minus sign was there in the tree and indeed it was.
>
> --Brian

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. - Brian W. Kernighan