Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

about pf_ring license:can I use pf_ring in commercial SW?

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wirelesser at gmail

Jul 4, 2011, 6:25 PM

about pf_ring license:can I use pf_ring in commercial SW?

hi
can I use pf_ring in commercial SW?

pf_ring kernel module is GPL,

pf_ring lib will be linked with the commercial SW,and the commercial
SW want to stay in closed source code

is there any problem? what kind of the license is the pf_ring lib?

thanks
rui

deri at ntop

Jul 5, 2011, 12:25 AM

Re: about pf_ring license:can I use pf_ring in commercial SW? [In reply to]

Hi Rui

On 05/lug/2011, at 03:25, Rui <wirelesser [at] gmail> wrote:

> hi
> can I use pf_ring in commercial SW?

Yes
> pf_ring kernel module is GPL,
Yes

> pf_ring lib will be linked with the commercial SW,and the commercial
> SW want to stay in closed source code
Yes

> is there any problem? what kind of the license is the pf_ring lib?
Lgpl so you can do that

Luca