Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc
x520 capturing problem

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

tom.carly at commsquare

Jun 15, 2011, 2:50 AM

x520 capturing problem

I have an Ubuntu server running 2.6.25 kernel compiled with pfring, revision 3603. The network card is an Intel X520 fiber card. Ifconfig shows the interface as 'running' and the rx packet count is increasing.
If I start tcpdump on that interface, dmesg and /proc/net/pf_ring/info report a ring being added. Still tcpdump cannot capture the traffic. Any idea why?

Ntop-misc mailing list
Ntop-misc [at] listgateway

Subject User Time
x520 capturing problem tom.carly at commsquare Jun 15, 2011, 2:50 AM