Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

TNAPI on e1000 driver

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Chris.Daniel at visualnetworksystems

TNAPI on e1000 driver

Hello Luca,

I'm running a virtual machine using VMware. I still need to be able to capture packets at or near wire speeds.

vmWare virtualizes all Ethernet NICs to the e1000 driver.

My options are

1) Use pfring with e1000 pfring aware driver: This is still not fast enough.
2) Can I use TNAPI? Your website says TNAPI is used only for e1000e driver. Is this still true?
3) vmWare has an enhanced vmxnet3 driver. I don't think this comes close to pfring aware driver with pfring but
can I use vmxnet3 driver with pfring? Is there a driver available?

Any other suggestion would be very helpful!

Thanks!
Chris

Chris.Daniel at visualnetworksystems

Re: TNAPI on e1000 driver [In reply to]

I forgot to mention that my line rate is 1G and that I'm using vmWare ESXi.

Ragards,
Chris