Mailing List Archive: NTop: Misc

pf_ring vs DNA performance

NTop misc RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jnebrera at eneotecnologia

Jul 2, 2010, 4:14 AM

pf_ring vs DNA performance

Hi all,

Just wondering. We would like to know what would give better
performance for a nprobe only environment.

* pf_ring based solution, using "special" Intel drivers provided by
Luca and card configured not to forward traffic but only to provide
packets to nprobe Pro. OR

* nprobe Pro using DNA to manage the packets itself.

If my understanding is correct, nProbe Pro with pf_ring would execute
some of its computations within pf_ring itself, that is, within the
kernel.

Any idea?

--
Jaime Nebrera - jnebrera [at] eneotecnologia
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL