Mailing List Archive: NTop: Dev

Get info between timestamps

NTop dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ikervr at gmail

Get info between timestamps

Hi all!

I would like to know if there is a way to get the info from data dump
between two timestamps, or the info from IP->Summary->Traffic, or
something between timestamps (via GET I suppose) :-D

Thaks in advance and best regards,
Iker

deri at ntop

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Iker
you can analyze the RRDs that are created by ntop and drill down.

Regards Luca

On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to get the info from data dump between two timestamps, or the info from IP->Summary->Traffic, or something between timestamps (via GET I suppose) :-D
>
> Thaks in advance and best regards,
> Iker

---
Technology is a way to make new things possible
Jesse Schell

ikervr at gmail

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Thank you very much for the answer, Luca!

I dont know now how to check the Ntop RRDs with PHP, but I will study
it. Do you have any doc of what do I need to know?

Thanks again and best regards,
Iker

El 26/04/2012 21:10, Luca Deri escribió:
> Iker
> you can analyze the RRDs that are created by ntop and drill down.
>
> Regards Luca
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a way to get the info from data dump between two timestamps, or the info from IP->Summary->Traffic, or something between timestamps (via GET I suppose) :-D
>>
>> Thaks in advance and best regards,
>> Iker
> ---
> Technology is a way to make new things possible
> Jesse Schell

deri at ntop

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:

> Thank you very much for the answer, Luca!
>
> I dont know now how to check the Ntop RRDs with PHP, but I will study it. Do you have any doc of what do I need to know?
I assume that there will be a RRD module for PHP.

Luca

> Thanks again and best regards,
> Iker
>
> El 26/04/2012 21:10, Luca Deri escribió:
>> Iker
>> you can analyze the RRDs that are created by ntop and drill down.
>>
>> Regards Luca
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I would like to know if there is a way to get the info from data dump between two timestamps, or the info from IP->Summary->Traffic, or something between timestamps (via GET I suppose) :-D
>>>
>>> Thaks in advance and best regards,
>>> Iker
>> ---
>> Technology is a way to make new things possible
>> Jesse Schell

---
Why join the Navy . . . if you can be a pirate? - Steve Jobs

ikervr at gmail

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Yes, indeed :-D

Best regards,
Iker

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Hello again,

I'm making progress with this :-D

However I need one more thing because I can't find the data source. When
I go into IP->Summary->Traffic I can see several hosts with the
application traffic divided in protocols (FTP, HTTP, etc...) Where can I
get this info? I am looking in Utils->Data dump but I can't find the
traffic divided in protocols, just the whole protocol traffic in Dump
Data of Network Interfaces.

How can I get the protocol info divided by host?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Hi all,

Could anyone help me please? I found the whole traffic divided by protocols
on Dump Data of Network Interfaces, but I can't find where can I get the
data for each host on the net...

Best regards,
Iker

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Iker
you can enable RRD per host (plugins -> rrd) and analyze each rrd created by ntop

Luca

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Thanks! I willl look for it.

Regards,
Iker

El 04/05/2012 16:29, Luca Deri escribió:
> Iker
> you can enable RRD per host (plugins -> rrd) and analyze each rrd created by ntop
>
> Luca
>
> On May 4, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could anyone help me please? I found the whole traffic divided by protocols on Dump Data of Network Interfaces, but I can't find where can I get the data for each host on the net...
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Iker
>>
>> 2012/5/2 Iker Vázquez<ikervr [at] gmail>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I'm making progress with this :-D
>>
>> However I need one more thing because I can't find the data source. When I go into IP->Summary->Traffic I can see several hosts with the application traffic divided in protocols (FTP, HTTP, etc...) Where can I get this info? I am looking in Utils->Data dump but I can't find the traffic divided in protocols, just the whole protocol traffic in Dump Data of Network Interfaces.
>>
>> How can I get the protocol info divided by host?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Iker
>>

>> El 26/04/2012 23:20, Luca Deri escribió:
>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>

>> Thank you very much for the answer, Luca!
>>
>> I dont know now how to check the Ntop RRDs with PHP, but I will study it. Do you have any doc of what do I need to know?
>> I assume that there will be a RRD module for PHP.
>>
>> Luca
>> Thanks again and best regards,
>> Iker
>>
>> El 26/04/2012 21:10, Luca Deri escribió:
>> Iker
>> you can analyze the RRDs that are created by ntop and drill down.
>>
>> Regards Luca
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a way to get the info from data dump between two timestamps, or the info from IP->Summary->Traffic, or something between timestamps (via GET I suppose) :-D
>>
>> Thaks in advance and best regards,
>> Iker
>> ---
>> Technology is a way to make new things possible
>> Jesse Schell

>> ---
>> Why join the Navy . . . if you can be a pirate? - Steve Jobs

> ---
> Technology is a way to make new things possible
> Jesse Schell

ikervr at gmail

Jun 3, 2012, 1:19 PM

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Hi Luca,

Thank you very much. I set the options and I can get access to the RRD
data that I need. I just have 2 more questions, hope you can help:

1- I read about the rrd files, but I just need to confirm this:

If I run for example "rrdtool fetch IP_MailBytesRcvd.rrd AVERAGE -s
-1m" I get the average transferred bytes of Received Mail from the last
month, right? so if I add every data and multiply it by 86400 (1 day) I
get the total transferred bytes of the last month. Its ok? So if I set
the --start and --end parameters I can get the data between the
timestamps, I assume.

2- This is to ask where I can find the data to make the same as above of
the window ActiveSessions.html (I need to get the latency of a group of
hosts and filter it)

Thanks in advance and best regards,

deri at ntop

Jun 3, 2012, 2:56 PM

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Hi Iker,

On Jun 3, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
> Thank you very much. I set the options and I can get access to the RRD data that I need. I just have 2 more questions, hope you can help:
>
> 1- I read about the rrd files, but I just need to confirm this:
>
> If I run for example "rrdtool fetch IP_MailBytesRcvd.rrd AVERAGE -s -1m" I get the average transferred bytes of Received Mail from the last month, right? so if I add every data and multiply it by 86400 (1 day) I get the total transferred bytes of the last month. Its ok? So if I set the --start and --end parameters I can get the data between the timestamps, I assume.
yes

> 2- This is to ask where I can find the data to make the same as above of the window ActiveSessions.html (I need to get the latency of a group of hosts and filter it)
What information do you want to plot exactly?

Regards Luca

> Thanks in advance and best regards,
> Iker
>
> El 04/05/2012 16:29, Luca Deri escribió:
>> Iker
>> you can enable RRD per host (plugins -> rrd) and analyze each rrd created by ntop
>>
>> Luca
>>
>> On May 4, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Could anyone help me please? I found the whole traffic divided by protocols on Dump Data of Network Interfaces, but I can't find where can I get the data for each host on the net...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Iker
>>>
>>> 2012/5/2 Iker Vázquez<ikervr [at] gmail>
>>> Hello again,
>>>
>>> I'm making progress with this :-D
>>>
>>> However I need one more thing because I can't find the data source. When I go into IP->Summary->Traffic I can see several hosts with the application traffic divided in protocols (FTP, HTTP, etc...) Where can I get this info? I am looking in Utils->Data dump but I can't find the traffic divided in protocols, just the whole protocol traffic in Dump Data of Network Interfaces.
>>>
>>> How can I get the protocol info divided by host?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Iker
>>>

>>> El 26/04/2012 23:20, Luca Deri escribió:
>>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>>

>>> Thank you very much for the answer, Luca!
>>>
>>> I dont know now how to check the Ntop RRDs with PHP, but I will study it. Do you have any doc of what do I need to know?
>>> I assume that there will be a RRD module for PHP.
>>>
>>> Luca
>>> Thanks again and best regards,
>>> Iker
>>>
>>> El 26/04/2012 21:10, Luca Deri escribió:
>>> Iker
>>> you can analyze the RRDs that are created by ntop and drill down.
>>>
>>> Regards Luca
>>>
>>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I would like to know if there is a way to get the info from data dump between two timestamps, or the info from IP->Summary->Traffic, or something between timestamps (via GET I suppose) :-D
>>>
>>> Thaks in advance and best regards,
>>> Iker
>>> ---
>>> Technology is a way to make new things possible
>>> Jesse Schell

>>> ---
>>> Why join the Navy . . . if you can be a pirate? - Steve Jobs

>> ---
>> Technology is a way to make new things possible
>> Jesse Schell

---

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. - Brian W. Kernighan

ikervr at gmail

Jun 3, 2012, 3:22 PM

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Thanks for the answer :-D

I need to plot this columns:

Client - Server - Data Sent/Rcvd - Client/Server Nw Delay

I need to sort by Client/Server Nw Delay

Best regards,
Iker

Jun 3, 2012, 3:37 PM

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Iker
for this some extensions need to be implemented. I suggest you to use nprobe that can save such values on txt or DB so that you can immediately use them

Luca

On Jun 4, 2012, at 12:22 AM, Iker Vázquez wrote:

> Thanks for the answer :-D
>
> I need to plot this columns:
>
> Client - Server - Data Sent/Rcvd - Client/Server Nw Delay
>
> I need to sort by Client/Server Nw Delay
>
> Best regards,
> Iker
>
> El 03/06/2012 23:56, Luca Deri escribió:
>> Hi Iker,
>>
>> On Jun 3, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Iker Vázquez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Luca,
>>>
>>> Thank you very much. I set the options and I can get access to the RRD data that I need. I just have 2 more questions, hope you can help:
>>>
>>> 1- I read about the rrd files, but I just need to confirm this:
>>>
>>> If I run for example "rrdtool fetch IP_MailBytesRcvd.rrd AVERAGE -s -1m" I get the average transferred bytes of Received Mail from the last month, right? so if I add every data and multiply it by 86400 (1 day) I get the total transferred bytes of the last month. Its ok? So if I set the --start and --end parameters I can get the data between the timestamps, I assume.
>> yes
>>> 2- This is to ask where I can find the data to make the same as above of the window ActiveSessions.html (I need to get the latency of a group of hosts and filter it)
>> What information do you want to plot exactly?
>>
>> Regards Luca
>>
>>> Thanks in advance and best regards,
>>> Iker

>> ---
>>
>> "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. - Brian W. Kernighan

---
Keep looking, don't settle - Steve Jobs

ikervr at gmail

Jun 3, 2012, 4:04 PM

Re: Get info between timestamps [In reply to]

Hi Luca,

I have access to the data on my Ntop installation with the netflow
plugin disabled:

And I think I could have access to the data marked on yellow without
installing anything else. I will try Nprobe then.

Thank you very much for the help,
Iker