Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

IP Cache Flow

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ecardoso at qos

Feb 16, 2006, 5:40 PM

IP Cache Flow

Hello All,
Does anybody know how can I achieve same result of IOS "show ip cache flow" on Junos ( M-Series ) ??
I was thinking to use something with Sampling ..
Appreciate any help..

Tnks
Edson

rodrigo.santos at quantiza

Feb 17, 2006, 5:28 AM

IP Cache Flow [In reply to]

To configure:

set interfaces sp-1/2/0 unit 0 family inet address 10.1.1.1/32
destination 10.1.1.2

set forwarding-options sampling input family inet rate 100
set forwarding-options sampling output cflowd <collector ip> port
<collector port>
set forwarding-options sampling output flow-inactive-timeout 15
set forwarding-options sampling output flow-active-timeout 60
set forwarding-options sampling output interface sp-1/2/0
source-address <loopback IP>

"sh ip ca fl" then is "show services accounting flow-detail terse"

maf at clmbo-r4> show services accounting flow-detail terse
Service Accounting interface: sp-1/2/0, Local interface index: 129
Service name: (default sampling)
Interface state: Accounting
Protocol Source Source Destination Destination Packet Byte
address port address port count
count
tcp(6) 164.107.X.X 22 69.133.X.X 2257 265 365312
tcp(6) 130.108.X.X 3064 66.55.X.X 80 231 9240

Link:
https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2005-February/003722.html

Rodrigo Santos - Administrador de Redes S?nior
Quantiza Systems - 55(51) 3373-5757/3598-2343
MCSA/MCSE/CCNA Certified

Edson Cardoso wrote:

>Hello All,
>Does anybody know how can I achieve same result of IOS "show ip cache flow" on Junos ( M-Series ) ??
>I was thinking to use something with Sampling ..
>Appreciate any help..
>
>Tnks
>Edson

mloftis at wgops

Feb 17, 2006, 9:27 AM

IP Cache Flow [In reply to]

--On February 16, 2006 8:41:45 PM -0200 Edson Cardoso <ecardoso at qos.com.br>
wrote:

> Hello All,
> Does anybody know how can I achieve same result of IOS "show ip cache
> flow" on Junos ( M-Series ) ?? I was thinking to use something with
> Sampling ..
> Appreciate any help..

Since M-series isn't flow based there's no real equivalent without an ASPic
or the ASModule (M7i). Another poster has already responded with ASP/ASM
configuration information, just remember to substitute the sp-1/2/0 with
the actual ASP/ASM interface in your router.

ecardoso at qos

Feb 17, 2006, 12:02 PM

IP Cache Flow [In reply to]

Tnks all for replying...
My problem is that I don't have a AS Pic right now..
I thought to use something like this:
set firewall family inet filter ABC term1 then sample
set firewall family inet filter ABC term1 then accept
set forwarding-options sampling input rate 100 run-lenght 2
set forwarding-options sampling output filename XXXX

>file show XXXX

I know that is not the best but I guess this is the only way..
Any comments ??

Regards