Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

JNCIA

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

eng.mssk at gmail

Jul 28, 2012, 4:42 PM

JNCIA

Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
Any guidelines will be appreciated

BR,
Mohammad

skeeve+junipernsp at eintellego

Jul 28, 2012, 5:02 PM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Start here:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/junosintro_track.html

Read the 3 recommended training. Do the practice tests until you get them
right.

Take the exam, and hopefully you have studied enough.

*
*
*Skeeve Stevens, CEO - *eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve [at] eintellego ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego ; <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – IBM

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
> Any guidelines will be appreciated
>
> BR,
> Mohammad

eng.mssk at gmail

Jul 28, 2012, 5:15 PM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Thanks very much

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Skeeve Stevens <
skeeve+junipernsp [at] eintellego> wrote:

> Start here:
>
> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/junosintro_track.html
>
> Read the 3 recommended training. Do the practice tests until you get them
> right.
>
> Take the exam, and hopefully you have studied enough.
>
> *
> *
> *Skeeve Stevens, CEO - *eintellego Pty Ltd
> skeeve [at] eintellego ; www.eintellego.net
>
> Phone: 1300 753 383; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
>
> facebook.com/eintellego ; <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
> linkedin.com/in/skeeve
>
> twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net
>
> The Experts Who The Experts Call
> Juniper - Cisco – IBM
>

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
>> Any guidelines will be appreciated
>>
>> BR,
>> Mohammad

juniper-nsp at grahambrown

Jul 29, 2012, 2:10 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Hi Mohammad,

Further to what Skeeve has already said, I would recommend having a read of
the Junos for Dummies book. This is a great overview of many topics and how
to perform them on the Junos platform; whilst this is not specific to any
certification in particular, it will certainly help you to use Junos
devices in the future. I'm not sure of your past experience with other
vendors but the majority of people new to Juniper have history with Cisco -
I wrote a blog on going from a CCNA to JNCIA, you can find this
here<http://forums.juniper.net/t5/My-Certification-Journey/Transitioning-from-CCNA-to-JNCIA/ba-p/112472>
.

Good luck with your studies.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>wrote:

> Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
> Any guidelines will be appreciated
>
> BR,
> Mohammad

Graham Brown
Twitter - @mountainrescuer <https://twitter.com/#!/mountainrescuer>
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/grahamcbrown>

j-nsp at maunier

Jul 29, 2012, 2:23 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

2012/7/29 Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>

> Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
> Any guidelines will be appreciated
>
> BR,
> Mohammad

I also recommend reading the Junos Day one books :
http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/

Praticing the Junos CLI is also a good thing to to for JNCIA-JUNOS

Doing the online training tests also help to see how the test will look
like.

Just for info, the JNCIS and JNCIP online training tests are not very close
from what kind of thing you'll have in the real test (from my experience)
compared to JNCIA.

Also having a lab to try and configure things helps a lot to remember
things better than just reading the books.

Pierre-Yves

tmikolajek at gmail

Jul 29, 2012, 3:12 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Hi Mohammad
Register here: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/default.aspxDownload
pdf and read them. Try to make labs from guied. I think that you
will pass your JNCIA exam. I wish you luck.

2012/7/29 Pierre-Yves Maunier <j-nsp [at] maunier>

> 2012/7/29 Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>
>
> > Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
> > Any guidelines will be appreciated
> >
> > BR,
> > Mohammad
> >

> Hi,
>
> I also recommend reading the Junos Day one books :
>
> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/
>
> Praticing the Junos CLI is also a good thing to to for JNCIA-JUNOS
>
> Doing the online training tests also help to see how the test will look
> like.
>
> Just for info, the JNCIS and JNCIP online training tests are not very close
> from what kind of thing you'll have in the real test (from my experience)
> compared to JNCIA.
>
> Also having a lab to try and configure things helps a lot to remember
> things better than just reading the books.
>
> Pierre-Yves

eng.mssk at gmail

Jul 29, 2012, 5:32 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Thanks so much for the support , yes i am actually from Cisco background
and I want to go through Juniper now

BR,
Mohammad

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Tomasz MikoƂajek <tmikolajek [at] gmail>wrote:

> Hi Mohammad
> Register here: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/default.aspxDownload pdf and read them. Try to make labs from guied. I think that you
> will pass your JNCIA exam. I wish you luck.
>
> 2012/7/29 Pierre-Yves Maunier <j-nsp [at] maunier>
>
>> 2012/7/29 Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>
>>
>> > Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
>> > Any guidelines will be appreciated
>> >
>> > BR,
>> > Mohammad
>> >

>> Hi,
>>
>> I also recommend reading the Junos Day one books :
>>
>> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/
>>
>> Praticing the Junos CLI is also a good thing to to for JNCIA-JUNOS
>>
>> Doing the online training tests also help to see how the test will look
>> like.
>>
>> Just for info, the JNCIS and JNCIP online training tests are not very
>> close
>> from what kind of thing you'll have in the real test (from my experience)
>> compared to JNCIA.
>>
>> Also having a lab to try and configure things helps a lot to remember
>> things better than just reading the books.
>>
>> Pierre-Yves

Farid.Bouzemarene at magirus

Jul 29, 2012, 6:10 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Hi Mohammad,

You can also try an instructor based course ( the IJOS and JRE each one is a 1 day course ) but it does cost for sure some money ....

Hth

Thanks so much for the support , yes i am actually from Cisco background
and I want to go through Juniper now

BR,
Mohammad

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Tomasz MikoƂajek <tmikolajek [at] gmail>wrote:

> Hi Mohammad
> Register here: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/default.aspxDownload pdf and read them. Try to make labs from guied. I think that you
> will pass your JNCIA exam. I wish you luck.
>
> 2012/7/29 Pierre-Yves Maunier <j-nsp [at] maunier>
>
>> 2012/7/29 Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>
>>
>> > Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
>> > Any guidelines will be appreciated
>> >
>> > BR,
>> > Mohammad
>> >

>> Hi,
>>
>> I also recommend reading the Junos Day one books :
>>
>> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/
>>
>> Praticing the Junos CLI is also a good thing to to for JNCIA-JUNOS
>>
>> Doing the online training tests also help to see how the test will look
>> like.
>>
>> Just for info, the JNCIS and JNCIP online training tests are not very
>> close
>> from what kind of thing you'll have in the real test (from my experience)
>> compared to JNCIA.
>>
>> Also having a lab to try and configure things helps a lot to remember
>> things better than just reading the books.
>>
>> Pierre-Yves

juniper-nsp at grahambrown

Jul 30, 2012, 7:19 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Hi Mohammad,

As Farid explained you can do the two courses that he recommended; however
Juniper also allow you to buy the course material for $100 per each day the
course runs for. The two courses are a day long each so the course material
is $100 each, you can follow the below link for more information:

http://www.onfulfillment.com/junipertrainingpublic/

This is a great way to learn quickly on a limited budget, especially if you
have access to Juniper equipment.

BR,
Graham

Jul 31, 2012, 11:21 AM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Thanks Imran , well i will search for it but if u have some links to
provide that will be great

BR,
Mohammad

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Imran Kamal <imran.net [at] gmail> wrote:

> To successfully complete JNCIA-JUNOS you can have all the necessary
> knowledge without spending a single penny.
>
> Quite few flash WBT you can find online and even emulators to practice
> (please DONOT contact juniper on how to get one or any support) like GNS3.
>
> regards,
>
> Imran
>
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
>> Any guidelines will be appreciated
>>
>> BR,
>> Mohammad

sandro.unix at gmail

Jul 31, 2012, 12:17 PM

Re: JNCIA [In reply to]

Hey Mohammad, how's going?

You can try the Bowler Videos (http://stores.ebay.com/bowler-cbt-labs?afsrc=1).

It's a good stuff to achieve the knowledge necessary for JNCIA and JNCIS.

Cheers,
Alessandro Braga
CCIE #30939

On Jul 31, 2012, at 3:21 PM, Mohammad Khalil wrote:

> Thanks Imran , well i will search for it but if u have some links to
> provide that will be great
>
> BR,
> Mohammad
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Imran Kamal <imran.net [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> To successfully complete JNCIA-JUNOS you can have all the necessary
>> knowledge without spending a single penny.
>>
>> Quite few flash WBT you can find online and even emulators to practice
>> (please DONOT contact juniper on how to get one or any support) like GNS3.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Imran
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk [at] gmail>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi , I am new to Juniper and I want to go through the certificates
>>> Any guidelines will be appreciated
>>>
>>> BR,
>>> Mohammad