Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

iBGP multipath behavior

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

amos at oasis-tech

Jul 25, 2012, 11:58 AM

iBGP multipath behavior

Hi All,

We are trying to implement iBGP multipath.
R1 receives route 2.2.2.2 from R2 with NH=1.1.1.1
1.1.1.1 is an iBGP route learned through 2 iBGP peers (all attributes are equal).
For 1.1.1.1 we can see two next-hops at both the RIB and FIB.
For 2.2.2.2 only 1 next hop is installed at both RIB and FIB.

We have the routing-options forwarding-table policy in place.
We have multipath configured under bgp.

If 1.1.1.1 is learnt by any protocol other than bgp (we tried static and ospf) then we see 2 NH installed for 2.2.2.2

Are we missing some BGP specific route selection rule ?
Is there any known limitation for learning a recursive NH through iBGP ?

Platform is MX80 Junos 10.4R8.5

Cheers,

Amos