Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

iBGP multipath behavior

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

amos at oasis-tech

Jul 25, 2012, 11:58 AM

Post #1 of 1 (465 views)
iBGP multipath behavior

Hi All,

We are trying to implement iBGP multipath.
R1 receives route from R2 with NH= is an iBGP route learned through 2 iBGP peers (all attributes are equal).
For we can see two next-hops at both the RIB and FIB.
For only 1 next hop is installed at both RIB and FIB.

We have the routing-options forwarding-table policy in place.
We have multipath configured under bgp.

If is learnt by any protocol other than bgp (we tried static and ospf) then we see 2 NH installed for

Are we missing some BGP specific route selection rule ?
Is there any known limitation for learning a recursive NH through iBGP ?

Platform is MX80 Junos 10.4R8.5

juniper-nsp mailing list juniper-nsp [at] puck

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded