Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

Solarwinds Montoring

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

paul at paulstewart

Solarwinds Montoring

Is there anyone on this list that is using Solarwinds for monitoring of
their Juniper equipment? In this case, I'm specific to SRX branch series
and EX 2200/3200/4200 switches in particular.

We have a long term issue where Solarwinds beings reporting false outages on
this equipment - happens at least once a week and been going on too long. I
would like to hear from anyone offline if they have seen issues similar.

Thanks,

Paul

wrx230 at gmail

Re: Solarwinds Montoring [In reply to]

I stopped using solar winds and wrote some scripts to generate all my nagios alerts, which amount to a few thousand. Solar winds is the biggest piece of crap I've used in a while, definitely geared for easier Cisco monitoring setup.

Not sure I ever had false positive, but it missed a lot of things it should have reported on. Seems like a simple job.

Sent from my iPhone