Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

Default route in OSPF NSSA

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sergevautour at yahoo

Hello,

I've used the following config on an MX960 to generate a default route into an OSPF NSSA area:

area 0.0.1.2 {
    nssa {
        default-lsa {
            default-metric 1;
            type-7;
        }
        no-summaries;
    }
}

It works but the default route shows up as an N1 type route (OSPF NSSA external type):

O*N1    0.0.0.0/0 [110/11] via 4.5.6.7, VLAN7, 00:01:01

When I configure what I think is the equivalent on a Cisco router running IOS XR it sends an O IA route (OSPF Inter Area):

O*IA    0.0.0.0/0 [110/11] via 1.2.3.4, VLAN9, 20:36:59

The AR box always prefers the "O IA" route over the N1 route as expected. I can't seem to find knobs on either box to change between N1 and O IA.

Would anyone know how to change this in Junos?

Thanks,
Serge

harry at juniper

Re: Default route in OSPF NSSA [In reply to]

IIRC, the juni will send a type 3 network summary if you remove the type-7 statement, which is forcing it to generate a NSSA type 7 external for the default.

HTHs

Re: Default route in OSPF NSSA [In reply to]

Well I'm almost certain I had tried that and it had just stopped advertising a default all together. It's working now:

Re: Default route in OSPF NSSA [In reply to]

Perhaps at the time, the node did not have an area 0 adjacency. With active-backbone detection as a default (can be disabled), such a node won't generate a default.

Regards