Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

Testing a license

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

skeeve+junipernsp at eintellego

Testing a license

Hey all,

I am quoting for a customer overseas in Asia where the kit being delivered
will come from a nearby country.

I am suggesting a "One year security subscription for Enterprise - includes
Sophos AV, Enhanced WF, Sophos AS , and IDP on SRX 240" for the SRX240.

But, I want to test the configuration locally here in Australia.

Can I put the licensing on my SRX240 in my lab, configure everything up,
then remove it for installation in the remote country by our local guys?

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve [at] eintellego ; www.eintellego.net <http://www.eintellego.net.au>

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco IBM

skeeve+junipernsp at eintellego

Re: Testing a license [In reply to]

Damnit. OK. Juniper, here I come ;-)

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 00:19, Cooper Lees <me [at] cooperlees> wrote:

> Nope licenses tied to chassis. Get trials for your lab.
>
> Cooper
>
> Sent from Cooper's iPhone 4 ... Please excuse typos :-)
>
> On 02/05/2012, at 12:17 AM, Skeeve Stevens
> <skeeve+junipernsp [at] eintellego> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I am quoting for a customer overseas in Asia where the kit being
> delivered
> > will come from a nearby country.
> >
> > I am suggesting a "One year security subscription for Enterprise -
> includes
> > Sophos AV, Enhanced WF, Sophos AS , and IDP on SRX 240" for the SRX240.
> >
> > But, I want to test the configuration locally here in Australia.
> >
> > Can I put the licensing on my SRX240 in my lab, configure everything up,
> > then remove it for installation in the remote country by our local guys?
> >

> > *Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
> > eintellego Pty Ltd
> > skeeve [at] eintellego ; www.eintellego.net <http://www.eintellego.net.au
> >

> > Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954
> >
> > Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
> >
> > facebook.com/eintellego
> >
> > twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve
> >
> > PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia
> >
> > The Experts Who The Experts Call
> > Juniper - Cisco IBM

wayne at tuckerlabs

Re: Testing a license [In reply to]

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Skeeve Stevens <
skeeve+junipernsp [at] eintellego> wrote:

> I am suggesting a "One year security subscription for Enterprise - includes
> Sophos AV, Enhanced WF, Sophos AS , and IDP on SRX 240" for the SRX240.
>
> But, I want to test the configuration locally here in Australia.
>
> Can I put the licensing on my SRX240 in my lab, configure everything up,
> then remove it for installation in the remote country by our local guys?

No (as others have already mentioned), but if memory serves you can get a
trial license that will last 30 days - you might even be able to do that
once/year per device.

:w

james at jgbaker

Re: Testing a license [In reply to]

You can always ask your Account Manager for an another trial licence after 30 days. I had no issues obtaining extra licences

Re: Testing a license [In reply to]

Thanks all for the advice